Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E_T

Last FAM order - Rome Ivory for Dyes;WM; 13LPT & 1L
    This extremely irritates me, as I had specifically told E_T that we were not going to do the ivory deal, and I purposefully left it out of my orders for a reason.

Apoc is not at fault, as he had no idea that the last minute change was not authorized by me. However, E_T is hereby removed as Deputy Minister of Trade until further notice.

--Togas
    Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
    Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
    Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
    Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

The Ivory deal wasn't all bad. We did get Astronomy pretty cheap anyway. We also completed the whole Banking/Gunpowder deal cheaper than expected.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

E_T has done a terrific job. He does not deserve this! A suspension, maybe, if Togas sees fit, but not a removal from duty.
        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

E_T will be the next CP director (unless the election radically changes in the next day or so).

If he F*cked up, he F*cked up and so be it. ANY and all deputies serve at the whim of the elected official. Period. I could have fired Ninot for not doing anything for Ill de Rose Province as an RA (along with others, not to pick on Ninot), but I chose not to.

Overall I think E_T has done a good job, and will continue to do so in whatever capacity he chooses. However, in this situation, Togas is 100% correct.

GK
          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I agree with Shiber.
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas
            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Why is the 580 AD Orders thread still topped?

And why isn't the 640 AD orders thread topped?
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Because OPD didn't get a chance to log on yet.
                I expect he'll come here in an hour, hour and a half. This is usually the time he logs on.
                "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I understand where Togas is coming from.

I need to know, what province is San Cortes being included in???
                  Minister of the Economy: Term IV, V
                  Ministre d'Économie: Session IV, V
                  Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people following me!
                  Même si je suis paranoïde, ça n'exige pas qu'il n'y a pas de gens qui me suivent!

Comment

Probably the same one that city south of it is included in.

Do you all like the name "San Cortes" BTW?
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Just looked it up. Principality of Piña Colada would probably be where it goes. That province is rather small right now anyway and it includes former US cities and San Cortes was created to flip former US cities.

Comment

ET also did the exact opposite of GK and the regional administrator's orders for Holeinthewall. Even after it was pointed out to him he refused to follow the orders.

I certainly hope this is not how the entire term will go.

Comment

Report: 580 AD - 640 AD

580 AD
                          Only one major thing here. The Holeinwall problem was fixed just just rushed a settler and then starting a harbor. This seems to work for everyone.

590 AD
                          This is when the first major trade took place. We were able to aquire Banking then trade it for Gunpowder fairly cheaply - it cost quite a bit less than expected. We found two Saltpeter resources inside our border. One by New York and the other by my favorite city - GeoFront. France also has two Saltpeter resources very close to the border.

600 AD
                          San Cortes was founded on the incense. I hope everyone likes the name. Cortes really isn't a Saint, but he will seem like one if he is able to flip a couple Aztec cities and allow us to make some more good incense deals.

610 AD
                          Holeinwall wasconnected to the Romans. This basically allows it to grow more. Corruption still won't allow it to be that productive though.

620 AD
                          This was a great decade. We got Astronomy for cheap - Banking, WM, 93L. The Aztecs actually seem a little afraid of us right now. They may just be waiting to be connected to Iron so they can build some Pikemen in the US cities. Saltpeter was connected to New York too. I sent some workers to start a road to the GeoFront SP.

630 AD
                          A temple was rushed in San Cortes to start the road to culture flipping. The Harbor in AGC was also rushed to connect Uber with the rest of our territory.

640 AD
                          Not much done. San Cortes grew its borders out by means of the Aztec cities. I am confident they will be flipped.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                            Why is the 580 AD Orders thread still topped?

And why isn't the 640 AD orders thread topped?
                            These days I'm more of a clerk than a president. A sorry end to my reign of terror.
                            Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Originally posted by OPD

These days I'm more of a clerk than a president. A sorry end to my reign of terror.
                              A History Channel biography:

"OPD: From President to Errandboy"
                              The true story of a President who had his powers leeched by his Ministers to the point that the highlight of his office was running to Subway for Aggie because they had given him a Diet Coke instead of Regular.........

Comment

OPD, awwww, "wah" lol

GF, don't worry, this term will be good.

Apoc - thank you, and yes I like the name.
                                Minister of the Economy: Term IV, V
                                Ministre d'Économie: Session IV, V
                                Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people following me!
                                Même si je suis paranoïde, ça n'exige pas qu'il n'y a pas de gens qui me suivent!

Comment

Working...
                                X