No announcement yet.

Rheims - Can we flip it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will cutting the road connection of Rheims to the french capital make flipping easier?
    Save the rainforests!
    Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

No, but it will increase the corruption and waste they experience slightly. Good thinking though!
      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

But cutting the road would decrease there production and make them unable to upgrade units if they get a barracks in rheims.
        Aggie
        The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I didn't think of that. Good point.

Edit: we'll have to cut a lot of roads though. IIRC we are connected to Rheims in 3 spots. This will also force us to divert a group of workers from more important tasks to rebuild these roads later.
          Last edited by Shiber; October 12, 2002, 14:28.
          "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
          And the truth isn't what you want to see,
          Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I didn't say we should do it, in fact, i think we shouldn't as this won't help it flip, we could take Rheims and the units scattered around it fairly quickly, when the time for war comes. I am sure Aggie is drools by the very thought of crushing the surrounded forces around Rheims...

Take no prisoners!!!
            Save the rainforests!
            Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

By looking on the map, we would have to cut the roads on tiles 3 and 13 of Marcoss City (and France has a warrior FOTIFIED on our tile!). We would also have to cut the road on tile 20 of Port Rogue.

In order for us to even try this, we are going to have to tell the Frenchies to get off our land.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
              X