Rheims - Can we flip it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rheims - Can we flip it?

As there has been a lot of discussion about flipping, I thought I would raise the question about the French city of Rheims, sitting in the middle of the booming province of Ile de Rose.

It seems to be in quite good shape, culturally speaking, but our expansion has just pushed our borders up against Rheims' on the sw corner, along the river.

My suggestion is that we move the settler building in Chartres onto the jungle tile s.sw.sw of Rheims, and see what the proposed borders of a new city would look like. It we could steal some tiles, including a nice river/shield/grassland, Rheims would suddenly look vulnerable.

We may have other plans for Rheims, the settler etc, but I thoiught we could discuss it.

IMHO the settler should found a city between Washington and Boston. We can culturally press France from where we're standing, and it will flip just like Chartres did.
    We can make this process faster by rushing cultural buildings throughout our land to increase our total cultural value and further increase our chances to flip Chartres.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Yeah I'd say were better off going for the old US cities. We can probably take most of the tiles if we act fast.
      Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Re: Rheims - Can we flip it?

Originally posted by Fergus Horkan
        My suggestion is that we move the settler building in Chartres onto the jungle tile s.sw.sw of Rheims, and see what the proposed borders of a new city would look like. It we could steal some tiles, including a nice river/shield/grassland, Rheims would suddenly look vulnerable.
        That settler was ordered built by GF so Chartres could be disbanded and moved 1 tile southwest to rebuild Chartres as a coastal city. Frankly, I fully agree with those orders and while they may have changed, I certainly think the original orders to move the city are what should be done...
        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Re: Re: Rheims - Can we flip it?

Originally posted by Arnelos

That settler was ordered built by GF so Chartres could be disbanded and moved 1 tile southwest to rebuild Chartres as a coastal city. Frankly, I fully agree with those orders and while they may have changed, I certainly think the original orders to move the city are what should be done...
          They have not changed and that is what the settler from Chartres will do.

There is already a settler enroute through Gaia for the Washington/Chicago site.

Rheims is already being bombarded by Macross City and further construction of cultural improvements in Opium would put more pressure.

Comment

I agree with GF and others:

Under current city positions:

Rheims will flip under current city positions under a reasonable time period, and so will that Greek city.

Boston should flip to us as well.

Washington has a very low chance of fliping to us before Boston does.

Chicago can't flip to us right now.

The new city between Washington & Chicago though will add a lot of cultural pressure to Washington and Chicago and could result in Washington flipping before Boston. Once this occurs the other flips quickly. Some time later Chicago flips.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I second that.
              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Rhiems will flip to us eventualy.

We control 5 of the 21 tiles in its city radius and the French are in awe of our culture. I would think it will flip to us sometime in the next two or three turnchats.

We control 6 of the 21 tiles of Mycenae (that geek city) city radius, but it will take longer to flip as the geeks are only "impressed" with our culture and it is not surrounded by us.

A city inbetween Chicago and Washington would be Ideal (not to mention, that would give me ANOTHER city to play god for )
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by donegeal
                  (not to mention, that would give me ANOTHER city to play god for )
                  Forgot about that, send that settler to Uber.

Comment

Your pretty funny (looking)!

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I think we should use boom toon for a settler on uber, and would that complete tyhe isleand for us.
                      Aggie
                      The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie
                        I think we should use boom toon for a settler on uber, and would that complete tyhe isleand for us.
                        Aggie
                        Okay, I think I understand it has something to do with Boomtown but where is Tyre Island?

Comment

I see any new relevant info I could add to this discussion has been added, thus I will simply post to say I have seen it.
                          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Originally posted by GodKing
                            I see any new relevant info I could add to this discussion has been added, thus I will simply post to say I have seen it.
                            Seen what? "boom toon" or "Tyre Island"?

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Seen what? "boom toon" or "Tyre Island"?
                              Darn typo's, though looking back "boom toon " could be a reference to the Jessica Rabbit leaderhead.
                              Aggie
                              The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Working...
                              X