No announcement yet.

Foreign Ministy Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[sarcasm]I think the office should keep growing till its unmanageable.[/sarcasm]

I like the current system of a Vice and three Deputies Policy, Trade, and Global Advisory.
    Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
    Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
    President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

Next term, if I'm elected, I plan to do something of the sort that Ada is saying. I'll divide the work up like this:

Trade -- If we get E_T back, I'll be releaved. This is a very time consuming job, and he was excellent. If not, I'll be interviewing someone to take over as Trade Advisor.

Policy -- One, possibly two deputies if I can find the work. These are advisors and people responsible for not just suggesting changes to current policies, but coming up with new ones. Policy rules everything else, it's a key position in the Ministry. Policy dictates who we prefer to trade with, what we will trade for, who we would side with, what demands we'll give into, when and if peace should be renegotiated, etc.

Everyone on the team assisted with Policy last term, but I will focus it more if I get some serious interest. adaMada and Nimitz were primarily Policy deputies, but E_T and Gepap influenced.

Espionage/Intel -- One, possibly two deputies who turn out reports on what our neighbors are up to and who analyze information we have about our neighbors and possible threats. Gepap's job last term fell into this category, E_T also did a bit of Intel work for us. I have offered a job to History Guy as Deputy Minister of Foreign Intelligence should he fail in his election (and should I be relected). We'll work early on to give him some specific duties and get him also involved.

Of course, adaMada would remain Vice Minister, and in charge of the office while I was away or unavailable. I have no plans to change the current Ministry team at all, just add a person or two, divide up the work a bit better, and enjoy my final month working with these guys.

--Togas
      Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
      Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
      Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
      Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

Togas want to role playing an arguements in this?
        Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
        Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
        President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

Might I make one proposal for you guys?

I think we could have one person who's responsible for tracking 'numbers'. For instance, by checking how much it costs to buy WM/TMs per Civ each turnchat, we can tell if they've discovered anything or founded a new city. Other numbers could be added as well, especially how much raw cash it costs to buy from the other Civs. Perhaps each civ's Gold/GPT ratio as well (assuming each civ has a different one)? I can think of lots of numbers that could be kept track of...

This could be added to another job, but I think a Deputy of Foreign Finance (or some other appropriate name) could be useful.

-- adaMada
          Civ 3 Democracy Game:
          PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
          Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz
            Togas want to role playing an arguements in this?
            Sure. I don't mind.

Ada -- If we have someone who wants to help us out with keeping track of the numbers, I'd appreciate it. I considered that to be part of the Trade Deputy's job, or Intel's job. It needs to be flexible, as we don't always know who can make it to the turnchats. The team approach has worked well so far, but I wouldn't object to any additional help, especially in this area.

--Togas
            Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
            Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
            Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
            Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Togas
              Ada -- If we have someone who wants to help us out with keeping track of the numbers, I'd appreciate it. I considered that to be part of the Trade Deputy's job, or Intel's job. It needs to be flexible, as we don't always know who can make it to the turnchats. The team approach has worked well so far, but I wouldn't object to any additional help, especially in this area.

--Togas
              Yea, I was just thinking about what jobs we could use in general, and that's the most useful of all the ones I've thought of so far... It probably wouldn't require that they be able to make it to turnchats, just that they can spend a bit of time with a .sav after each one is posted plugging numbers.

Considering the number of applicants we had last time, I'm betting someone'd be interested in the job...

-- adaMada
              Civ 3 Democracy Game:
              PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
              Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Working...
              X