$Mini-Game available tiles for New Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we allowed to trade tiles?

Ghengis, would you trade me the two southern secitons of 8F for the two tiles of mine that are not 'connected' (one grassland, one jungle). I really want my lands one area...
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
      Ghengis, would you trade me the two southern secitons of 8F for the two tiles of mine that are not 'connected' (one grassland, one jungle). I really want my lands one area...
      Heck no, those are river tiles! I bought'em for the extra commerce, now if you get some river tiles to trade we can talk.

Although, I don't plan on owning all these tiles for the whole game. I eventually plan on selling most of them off except for a few strategic ones and concentrate on retail and manufacturing by buying raw resources from other players. I only bought them to speed up my $ production until then.

You might see if you could trade your two tiles to Epistax as he hasn't shown up for a long time and has a HUGE stockpile.

Comment

What about 8b? I don't know what you got built there, or if they have been cleared, though.
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

What about 8b? I don't know what you got built there, or if they have been cleared, though.
          I'm trying to cook up a deal to get a trade for that tile of adaMada's in the middle to solidify that chunk.

Have you tried an offer with jdd2007 for his lower jungle w/ river tile?

Did you try to talk to Epistax? If he doesn't start paying off his debt the 15 turn grace period will be over and he may lose those tiles anyway so why not trade them to you and solidify your territory.

Comment

Hmmm. Haven't seen him around lately. Forgot about those two, and they are Termina as well...home of the Gazette...
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

I'm trying to cook up a deal to get a trade for that tile of adaMada's in the middle to solidify that chunk.

Have you tried an offer with jdd2007 for his lower jungle w/ river tile?

Did you try to talk to Epistax? If he doesn't start paying off his debt the 15 turn grace period will be over and he may lose those tiles anyway so why not trade them to you and solidify your territory.
              Ghengis,
              While we're all here, do you want to go ahead and make an offer?

-- adaMada
              Civ 3 Democracy Game:
              PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
              Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Originally posted by adaMada

Ghengis,
                While we're all here, do you want to go ahead and make an offer?

-- adaMada
                I was planning on offering 8d once it got developed but it hasn't been improved yet. I would trade 8d and $ for your tile sw of Tassagrad if you'll tell how much $ you want in the deal. You could use the $ to bid on more tiles next turn.

You know, I've been thinking it would be nice if each of the players had a coat of arms they could attach as an image to the bottom of thier proposed trade post in the sessions and I could incorporate them into the deeds map.

If you have anything specific you would like I could try to make something.
                Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; October 8, 2002, 17:33.

Comment

I was planning on offering 8d once it got developed but it hasn't been improved yet. I would trade 8d and $ for your tile sw of Tassagrad if you'll tell how much $ you want in the deal. You could use the $ to bid on more tiles next turn.
                  If I'm reading the map right, my tile's outside of Poly, not Tass -- it's possible I'm reading it wrong now, though, since I never worked out all the systems for giving tile location (considering you ran my estate until recently... Your new systems are much easier then the originals, but I'm still catching on.) Still, if I'm counting correctly, don't I have Apolyton WNW (?)?

Assuming you do know what tile I have or that I'm counting wrong (probably me counting wrong), is there anything on 8d? Is it grassland or plains?

-- adaMada

EDIT: Coat of Arms: Would be cool if we all had them, but my graphics ability is nill, so mine'd be lousy . Still, it's a good idea overall -- there could be a subsitute for anyone who can't get/make themselves a Coat of Arms for whatever reason, such as a special text-based Signature maybe (ASCII art perhaps?) that would be destinctive enough to keep things fun for them (though I don't know if that'd work that well on the Map, so maybe not...)
                  Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

Originally posted by adaMada

If I'm reading the map right, my tile's outside of Poly, not Tass -- it's possible I'm reading it wrong now, though, since I never worked out all the systems for giving tile location (considering you ran my estate until recently... Your new systems are much easier then the originals, but I'm still catching on.) Still, if I'm counting correctly, don't I have Apolyton WNW (?)?

Assuming you do know what tile I have or that I'm counting wrong (probably me counting wrong), is there anything on 8d? Is it grassland or plains?

-- adaMada
                    No your right I meant to say Kloreep's tile. You only have the one tile right now and it's better you keep it and bid on more land next turn. After next turn we might work out a deal depending on what other tiles you get.

Comment

No your right I meant to say Kloreep's tile. You only have the one tile right now and it's better you keep it and bid on more land next turn. After next turn we might work out a deal depending on what other tiles you get.
                      Ah -- that makes much more sense.

Yea, I'm in no rush to get rid of my single tile (though hopefully I'll be able to change that next turn) -- it's a pretty nice piece of property.

-- adaMada
                      Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

Updated map. Added more tiles as I realized that Termina and Gaia combined had more tiles than I had letters of the alphabet so if I added more now I could finish Timeline and Gaia in the next set.
                        Attached Files

Comment

nye, would you trade me your tile directly north of Mystery City (aka Gotham aka Ghengistown) for 8e. Their exactly the same, but I'm trying to clear up some unfinished business between players and 8e won't work.
                          Well, mine is nominally more valuable as it is adjacent to a city and may be developed sooner. OTOH, yours is ideally situated for being cleared for a road linking Ghengistown, Timeline and notthereeither (Chartres).

Oh well, it's a dice game and could go either way so OK. If you still want it.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

Well, mine is nominally more valuable as it is adjacent to a city and may be developed sooner. OTOH, yours is ideally situated for being cleared for a road linking Ghengistown, Timeline and notthereeither (Chartres).

Oh well, it's a dice game and could go either way so OK. If you still want it.
                            Deal, all though I have no idea which will get cleared first.

jdd2007, to you want to buy my new tile 8e for $500 so you and =Ottomus= can do that tile trade you had been working on?
                            Attached Files

Comment

I would be willing to trade you the southern most tile of 8f for those two tiles.

My one tile produces 2 food, 2 shields and 2 commerce.

Your 2 tiles produce 3 food and 1 commerce.

You would be trading 2 for 1 but generating 50% more production and it is adjacent to your other tiles.

Comment

Agreed. 2 for one it is.
                                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X