$Mini-Game available tiles for New Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $Mini-Game available tiles for New Players

Here's the most recent map of the $MiniGame tiles and the ones marked with letters are open for new players, and any not taken will be open to all eligible players in the next trading session.

Current Land Holdings..........
    1)adaMada
    2)Captain
    3)civman2000
    4)Darkness' Edge
    5)Duddha

..."Dudeville"
    6)Epistax
    ..."Epistan Plantation"
    7)Franses
    8)GhengisFarb

...a)"Ghengis Mountain"
    ...b)"Jungleister"
    ...c)"Apolyfield"
    9)jdd2007
    ..."The Jungle Farm"
    10)Jonny
    11)Kloreep
    12)Kramerman

..."Kramerman's Brothel Ranch"
    13)Nimitz
    14)notyoueither

..."The Mustang Ranch"
    15)Rendelnep
    ..."Sam's Minor Land Holding"
    16)Shiek
    17)skywalker
    18)Spiffor

..."Woodworks"
    19)UnOrthOdOx
    ..."The Gazette Ranch"
    20)=OttomusCeasar=
    21)Apocalypse

(Cash $0, Debt $1000) Current production: 2 Food, 2 Commerce
    Mystery City nw2 -Jungle w/ river(1 food, 1 commerce)
    Mystery City nnw -Jungle w/ river(1 food, 1 commerce)
    Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; October 8, 2002, 23:35.

New Players can borrow money to buy up to 3 tiles if their total value is less than $1000 or as much as you need on one tile. You have a 15 turn grace period that is interest free and tax free to pay back the loan. After the 15 turns are over you must pay 10% interest on your outstanding debt each turn.

A) $450 Chartres wnw -Jungle w/ road(1 food, 1 commerce)

B) $200 Chartres nw2 -Jungle(1 food)

C) $450 Chartres W -Jungle w/ road(1 food, 1 commerce)

D) $200 Chartres sw2 -Jungle(1 food)

E) $200 Chartres nnw -Jungle(1 food)

F) $1250 Chartres NW -Grassland(2 food, 2 shields, 1 commerce)

G) $200 Chartres N -Jungle(1 food)

H) $450 Chartres S -Jungle w/ road(1 food, 1 commerce)

I) $500 Chartres nne -Jungle w/ river(1 food, 1 commerce)

J) $200 Chartres NE -Jungle(1 food)

K) $1250 Chartres SE -Grassland(2 food, 2 shields, 1 commerce)

L) $500 Chartres sse -Jungle w/ river(1 food, 1 commerce)

M) $500 Chartres E -Jungle w/ river(1 food, 1 commerce)

N) $750 Chartres se2 -Jungle w/ road & river(1 food, 2 commerce)

O) $500 Timeline wnw - (1 food, 1 commerce)

P) $1000 Timeline wsw - (2 food, 2 commerce)

Q) $750 Timeline nw2 - (2 food, 1 commerce)

R) $500 Timeline W - (1 food, 1 commerce)

S) $500 Timeline sw2 - (1 food, 1 commerce)

T) $1000 Timeline nnw - (2 food, 1 shield, 1 commerce)

U) $500 Timeline NW - (1 food, 1 commerce)

V) $1500 Timeline SW - (3 food, 1 shield, 2 commerce)

W) $1500 Timeline S - (2 food, 2 shield, 2 commerce)

X) $1000 Timeline SE - (2 food, 1 shield, 1 commerce)

Y) $1000 Timeline E - (2 food, 1 shield, 1 commerce)

Z) $500 Timeline ese - (1 food, 1 commerce)

DIRECTONAL LEGEND FOR TILE LOCATIONS
    For Example, if the city was Timeline, the Green tile would be "Timeline wnw", and the blue tile would be "Timeline S".
    Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; October 9, 2002, 11:03.

Comment

I would like O and P.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Ghengis -- will current players get to borrow money on new land they want to buy? (Assuming there's any left?)

-- adaMada
        Civ 3 Democracy Game:
        PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
        Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Originally posted by adaMada
          Ghengis -- will current players get to borrow money on new land they want to buy? (Assuming there's any left?)

-- adaMada
          Yes, if all the land is taken up I can just add Timeline and/or Gaia though.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Yes, if all the land is taken up I can just add Timeline and/or Gaia though.
            Ok, thanks .

I guess I'll be buying a property or two then, since I think I need to get a bit more resources before I can really have a productive estate.

Wow, I'm actually getting the hang of this .

-- adaMada
            Civ 3 Democracy Game:
            PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
            Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

I might try this. Could someone post a link to the rules?
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Yeah, could someone please explain how exactly this works? Please?
                God's last message to his creation: WE APPOLIGISE FOR ANY INCONVIENIENCE
                -Douglas Adams-

Comment

Excellent. New players. Very good.

Remember, from small acorns mighty oaks grow. Or something like that.

Rules? Yes, ahem. Rules. Well... it takes just a bit to get the hang of it, but anyone who sticks with it does well. I had a slow start.

It all boils down to Demand and Supply, D:S. Each turn our cities and citizens demand so much food, shields and commerce. We, the noble we, own the land. We sell the commodities to the cities so that they may grow and prosper. Great system, eh?

The bigger the cites get, the greater the demand is. The more our lands are developed and the more we have to sell, the greater the supply is.

D:S at par is $100 for food and shields. For commerce it is $50. So if 50 food are demanded, but only 25 are sold the final market price is $200, or 100(50/25). If 100 food are sold, the final market price is $50, or 100(50/100).

During each turn you will have so many of each commodity available to sell. All of the players who post instructions may sell their commodities. You may post that you are selling and will accept any price above X. If you really want to sell, just say 'sell 2 food at $1 min'. Don't worry, it never gets to $1.

OTOH, you may want to build something. That takes shields. You may not have any shields, so you must buy them. Then you would say 'buying 1 shield at X max'. X being the amount you would be willing to pay for a shield.

At the end of the turn, all the commodities offered for sale are compared to the demand, and the final market price is arrived at. If your bids to sell are equal to or lower than the market price, you succeeded in selling and get some $. If your bids to buy are equal to or above the market price you have successfully bought what you wanted.

Why do you buy sheilds? Because then you can build things. Shields, when combined with labour, can be turned into buildings. Buildings do good things for you. They can give you a bonus when you sell your food or commerce (if you build an eatery or a shoppe). They can also turn your commodities into finished products, like beer.
                  Beeeer goooooooood! *hand sweep*

You hire labour by buying vassels, or by hiring from the cities. If you have vassels, they may eat food (if you have more than 1) or if you hire from a city the supply is equal to the pop and the demand is equal to the number of labour being hired in that city that turn. You rehire each turn as needed.

Simple! eh?

But hold on. It gets better. From time to time we change the rules a bit. We do this by agreement (mostly) and because Ghengis feels like it (a bit). He does all the work. He makes the rules (mostly) because he does all the work and he keeps score. For that to make sense, you have to tune in for a bit.

To see what the current rules are, see the first post of this thread:

that will explain the various buildings and what-not.

Welcome! And remember, now you're a noble.
                  Last edited by notyoueither; October 8, 2002, 05:32.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                    Welcome! And remember, now you're a noble.
                    Oh, NOW I'm a noble?

Ha! I run an entire province!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

The following link has links to all of the trading sessions. Each session has a synopsis of the rules in the first couple of posts.

Main thread and directory

Basically, each tile can produce FOOD, SHIELDS, and/or COMMERCE just like they do in the real game.

At the beginnning of a trade session (which typically last 72 hours) the demand and supply numbers for each resource are stated and you simply post that you want to sell or buy stuff. The final price is determined by how much is demanded and offered for sale.

If the market demands 20 FOOD and the players sell 10 FOOD then the price is 20 divided by 10 or 200% this percentage is divided by the Base Rate for each product which is $100 (or $50 for COMMERCE). But all of that is calculated by the Banker. Players simply have to decide if they want to sell and how much they want to sell.

You can also build retail business and companies that turn raw resources into finished goods which sell for more money. Building anything requires 1 shield or halfShield and 1 labor/vassal to convert the shield into the building.

It may seem confusing at first but if you look at what other players post it fairly easy to learn.

Comment

cool. New players.

These lands are only for new players, correct? Then after x# of days they will be available in Turn XI?
                        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                          cool. New players.

These lands are only for new players, correct? Then after x# of days they will be available in Turn XI?
                          yes, if the new players will choose lands I may start XI today.

Comment

Sorry, not buying any land as yet, but I am going to watch more closely

Comment

nye, would you trade me your tile directly north of Mystery City (aka Gotham aka Ghengistown) for 8e. Their exactly the same, but I'm trying to clear up some unfinished business between players and 8e won't work.

Comment

Working...
                              X