Clear All

• Forum Moderator / Chat Room Operator needed

The need is obvious....

The issue is who

Any ideas are welcome
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Mark - is that just for this forum and the Civ3 Demo game chat or others as well? Also, when are they needed for and who long do you expect their tenure to be? Or is that a silly question?
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

for this forum and the civ3 chat room

the work will mainly be toping/detoping threads and acting as operators in turnchats

it's obvious that it must be someone that can be trusted by the citizens of the civ3dg

Comment

If only there was someone who had done this before.
        *cough apoc cough*
        Are we having fun yet?

Comment

I could do the forum easily enough, but my schedule doesn't work well for the chats.
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I would probably have the time, but don't have a clue about topping threads.

Comment

I think we need some kind of 'operator' or 'chairman' in the Undernet chat, too.

His task will be to set the subject, reduce spam, see to it that everyone gets a fair chance to say what's on his mind, and so forth.
              Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Isn't the Op in those chats just the first one or two to turn up? I am the Op in the EFnet #smacdg chatroom right now.
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

hi markos
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Hi. I would gladly do the forum work, which should mostly just be topping and untopping threads. In the turnchats, if we are to switch to the polly chat (which I think we should with the new system) setting up the times will be far more complicated.

However, I have no experience in doing this.... and I suspect that whoever does will for the most part forfeit being a very active part of the demogame. Involved and active, yes. Outspoken, elected position, etc, no.

MarkG - is this someone who we could elect? say on a quarterly (3 month) basis? Thoughts, ideas, etc. Thanks.
                    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

we are willing to trust the choice of the people, assuming it's a choice that we like

Comment

I don't know. If polychat is what's been killing Apolyton the last couple of days and especially today, I'm all for axeing it and leaving Apolyton somewhat accesssible.

Comment

the new chat is only a part of the server situation
                          it's a matter of proper use of our resources rather than cuting down features....

Comment

It's amazing how you simply mention something related to Apolyton's server performance and >poof< MarkG is there.

We do need a smilie with a hammer though.

Comment

Like many others, I'd be happy to do the Forum, assuming that I could keep my other positions (don't think it'd be much of a problem unless the people think it is).

As for the Chats, I'm often there, but can never promise to be... (So far, they've all been at decent times for me, with the exception that I always have to leave for a bit to go eat.) Have been pretty successful at being there for the past few weeks, but who knows where the future will lead...

We could make it an elected position (as in letting the people choose) -- I'd have no objection, as long as this election was seperate from the Ministers OR the power was just given to the President.

UnOrthO'd be great for the job, ditto GK, ditto Apoc.

Markos: It's a long shot, but is it possible to have someone seperate for chats and forums (or to have two, if you could allow that)? If so, I'd make the Chat person the President, and let someone else do the Forum -- it'd be much more effecient then having to PM a mod about it all the time, and wouldn't be a major presidential responsibliity. The only real reason to make the president Op for the chats, really, is that they'll be there for all of them (unless the VP runs it), but it might be a bit of work for you guys to add and subtract ops so much (once a month), and if you're looking for a longer term solution then having one appointed person would probably work. We haven't had any troubles at all at a chat in quite a while, anyway -- I think the ability to top and detop threads at will is more valuable to the Demogame right now.

Just a few thoughts...

-- adaMada
                              Last edited by adaMada; October 2, 2002, 16:43.
                              Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                              PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                              Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Working...
                              X