UNofficial... Republic after Persia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNofficial... Republic after Persia?

The Apolytonian Republican Front (ARF) wants to know what the current stance of the citizens of Apolytonia is toward our movement to topple the monarchy and replace it with a Republic immediately (as in 1-2 turns afterward, allowing for war weariness to disipate) following the end of the war with Persia.

While the vile monarchists may attempt to coerce any who would support our valiant cause, we are certain that this poll is using a "secret ballot" so that the wretched monarchists will be unable to determine who voted in favor or against

As such, feel safe to vote however you truly believe.
    Yes
    58.14%
    No
    39.53%
    Abstain
    2.33%

The poll is expired.

Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

YES!!!!! So we will already be in Republic for GA!

OMG!!! What am I saying?!?!?! I'm on the cusp of power! I could loose all!!
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

We have to try to determine how bad war-weariness will be when we switch over- since we lack a market infrastructure and a large amount of cathedrals, war -weariness after such long campaigns will hit us badly. We also have to prepare to strike a very quick blow against the Americans.

Until we have a good 'happyness' infrastructure (markets so that we get 6 happy faces a city from luxuries or 6 happy faces from cathedrals) and created a war plan vs. America to finish them off in 3-4 turns at most, we should hold off any change to Republic. If these two conditions met, then fine, lets switch as quickly as possible.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

i'm saying no for the sheer military reasons.

we're far too warmongering a people to sustain a republic
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I am a full suporter for republic. Down with the monarchy!!!!

Comment

NO! Uphold the Monarchy!
            Duddha: I will return...
            Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
            "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
            Free California!

Comment

How many marketplaces do we have?
              For your photo needs:
              http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Lets go republic. Stop these long drawn out wars. If we must fight, make them as quick as possible.
                "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Absolutely NOOOOO!

Before Republic can be seriously entertained, we need navigation, a Harbor on Uber, and road linkup on Uber.

Remember folks, Garrisons don't put down the hotheads in Republic. Uber has no happy or smiley faces and no hopes of getting any soon.

Or alternatively temples across Uber.
                  I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

I agree with roadcage , uber and sheik. I'm for republic too, but not now. We need marketplaces, cathedrals and navigation, or we'll find impossible develop Uber Isle, for instance.
                    Btw, in my games I usually change from monarchy to democracy.
                    RIAA sucks
                    The Optimistas
                    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Definetely we should hold off on the switching to Republic until we're prepared i.e. building marketplaces for happiness from imports, as well as harbors. Until we have the infrastructure to connect our cities better on the happiness scale, it could be disastrous, especially if the general consensus is that we move to war with the Americans...

Meshelic
                      Shadow Service
                      Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                      Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Honestly, it's never too late for a GA, and I definitely don't approve of wasting it on a bunch of dirt clod cities like we have now.

Can you imagine having your GA in the middle of the space race....................

Comment

After Persia we still need to conquer America.
                          Duddha: I will return...
                          Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
                          "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
                          Free California!

Comment

I'm voting no for now. At the very least, we should have cathedrals built where needed to make up for the military-police effect on happiness under monarchy. Also, Im pretty sure we are going to attack america, and it doesnt make sense to switch until we are sure we are headed for a long period of peace (assuming we start the wars anyways).

Also, I dont think we are quiet ready for our GA, Im leaning towards waiting and getting it from Hoover Dam, honestly. Though now that we have the pyramids, we may end up getting it from the next wonder we build no matter what it is, Im really not sure

Comment

you expect large periods of peace? what about manifest destiny?
                              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                              X