No announcement yet.

UNofficial... Republic after Persia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All cities on the island are pop 1. They can't have any unhappy citizens right now.

And population there will stay tiny as settlers are built for the last sites there and for additional workers.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

The problem with peace, in my experience, is that there comes a time when you have built every improvement you really want in each of your cities, and you are waiting around for the next tech to build the next wonder and/or Improvement. Why not throw a war in there just to keep things exciting?

What will there be to do in 200 turns if we decide for a peacefull aproach? Wait around for the next tech and next piece of the Spaceship? Those should be some exciting chats. Wars throughout this process will only allow the game to remain interesting.
      Please, don't sell yourself short, you'll come up with something to keep our interest .

Besides even though we try to be peaceful after we move to Republic, some obnoxius neighbor may not care and attack us anyway, so we need to continue to build a military, and I'm not just talking defensive, but also offensive so we can counter attack and force the warmonger neighbor to peace. So, it would be great to build all the improvements in the city, but our queue's do not end there.

We have had war, followed by planning for war followed by war followed by planning for war...now it is just about time to build up our infrastructure, population, happiness, trade network, coffers, technology etc, as well as our peace time military.

We need to finish the war with Persia make sure our happiness is in check and then on to republic.

Then we can start talking about democracy.
      Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
      "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

I just dont know how many times I can write articles on how, as the leader in Science, and the generous sort we are, we taught the poor Zulu who are isolated on an island of nothing but tundra how to use gunpowder, which they can't possibly have, for 100 GPT while we sent the first Satellite into orbit.
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

A high level official has requested that I issue a special economic report on this matter, detailing what changes we can expect such a revolution to bring on our economy; you can expect this report to be issued today, al hamdoolelah.
          Minister of the Economy: Term IV, V
          Ministre d'Économie: Session IV, V
          Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people following me!
          Même si je suis paranoïde, ça n'exige pas qu'il n'y a pas de gens qui me suivent!

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
            I just dont know how many times I can write articles on how, as the leader in Science, and the generous sort we are, we taught the poor Zulu who are isolated on an island of nothing but tundra how to use gunpowder, which they can't possibly have, for 100 GPT while we sent the first Satellite into orbit.
            Hmmm, sounds interesting already.

What is this tundra oyu speak of? is it like a jungle? Who are the Zulu's? What's gunpowder?

I can't wait for this article.

Comment

Originally posted by jdjdjd

Hmmm, sounds interesting already.

What is this tundra oyu speak of? is it like a jungle? Who are the Zulu's? What's gunpowder?

I can't wait for this article.
              Yeah, interesting stuff, eh?
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Stats from Reddawg:

calculate the percentage of income minus percentage of expenses, we currently make 30.2% surplus. Under Republic we can expect this to fall to 13.8%
                Duddha: I will return...
                Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
                "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
                Free California!

Comment

That's a selective quote if I ever saw one... people, go read the FULL report...
                  Last edited by Arnelos; October 2, 2002, 05:26.
                  Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                  Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                  7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Here is the link for Reddawg's full report. He indicates that after some addl courthouses and temples that we will in fact shoot past Monarchy in income. Also, he states from the start that his numbers are conservative and in fact the switch from Monarchy to Republic may cause an initial increase in income.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=63438

Comment

THe solution I've found for Peacetime prodution that is geared twards war. Build an Improvement then build a military item/worker, repeat as nessecary. It makes getting your improvements streached out a bit, but your in a defensive/offensive buildup at the same time. I always upgrade my units as much as I can to keep my assets as safe as possible.
                      And if someone comes and tries to be ruff with me, I can shift production, if I need to, or keep it the same, without too much degridation of my spanking ability. If I do get into trouble, I go to full military output, spank them for a bit then go back to the status quo for the rest of the war.

THat's how I do it.

E_T
                      Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                      Worship the Comic here!
                      Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

FPs are important to make Republics viable, if you do go Republic and don't have one, use a GL.

Comment

Working...
                        X