No announcement yet.

Culture Flip Prevention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been my experience that if ANY citizen is of the conquerors nationality, it is that citizen that is turned into a worker. I believe the build-worker-join-worker trick can only produce one native citizen.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Be carefully with that settler thing. If a city has only foreigners (let's them call "French" for simplicity), an eventually built settler will be French (by nationality, but still our unit), produce 2 French citizens (or 1 if a city is built) and we gained nothing except unhappiness.

Comment

I don`t think u can build settlers with foreign nationalities, as it says in the manual

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Cassidy
          I don`t think u can build settlers with foreign nationalities, as it says in the manual
          hi ,

yes you can

when the workers are no longer needed we can spread them out over our empire , ....

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
            Be carefully with that settler thing. If a city has only foreigners (let's them call "French" for simplicity), an eventually built settler will be French (by nationality, but still our unit), produce 2 French citizens (or 1 if a city is built) and we gained nothing except unhappiness.
            You would think that, but I have never had that happen. Now, whether that was because I played an old version for so long and that has been fixed, I don't know. But it seems that you CANNOT PRODUCE a foreign nationality. Therefore, you can change their nationality by using the citizens as settlers or workers.
            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
              But it seems that you CANNOT PRODUCE a foreign nationality. Therefore, you can change their nationality by using the citizens as settlers or workers.
              Oh yes you can. It takes the pop from the right and if they are both Persian, your settler is Persian, if they are a mix it calls them "barbarian" at first and then some weird code later.

This may have changed with 1.29 though.

Comment

Your settlers can be "French" and I had it happen very often.

Ever tried Aeson's "Recycling blitz"? It means, after discovering Recycling, you get 1/4 of shields back, when selling improvements. Imagine, you capture a "French" size-25 city and have lots of resistors. Now sell a bank or something like that, get at least 30 shields and switch production to settler. This way you just have rushed the settler even during resistance and without sacrificing a unit. Next turn disband the city and rebuild it with the settler. Works 100%, the only downside is, that the settler will be "French" and thus produce a "French" citizen.

Comment

I pretty sure you can't produce a foreign settler, but even if you can atleast we can divide the foreign pop.
                  Duddha: I will return...
                  Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
                  "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
                  Free California!

Comment

If only there was a save game that could settle this arguement.

ten lytons to the first person to find the french settler.
                    Attached Files
                    Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Not with the current save, President (may I already call you so?), and not now since I'm still working, but it's simple to check out. Take a game of your own, capture an enemy city (resistance doesn't matter), make sure there's only foreigners in it, set production to settler and disband units till the settler is ready. Next turn a "foreign" settler will be there, meaning your settler with foreign nationality.

Comment

Where was our Settler built? Port Rouge ..? Hmm...
                        Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

BFM wins
                          Apoc pay the man

yay I can attach images now.

Please note this stlr had already been built I havn't played ahead and built one.
                          Attached Files
                          Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Originally posted by OPD
                            BFM wins
                            Apoc pay the man

yay I can attach images now.

Please note this stlr had already been built I havn't played ahead and built one.
                            Ahh, so Unorthodox's theory is proven wrong. Now if we can just this disprove "round earth" nonsense.
                            Proud member of the Hawk Party.

Comment

I should have read Apolyton right after work rather than to build a prove out of an own game:
                              Attached Files

Comment

I know that I have made them without before, but that could have been caused by some mod I was using at the time I suppose. At least someone set me straight.
                                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X