Runoff Poll for GL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggie
    He's on the road between uber and geo. Are you using save 170ADend. Scared me for a second there.
    Aggie
    I downloaded the one from the report thread and was worried the game had been saved BEFORE the GL.

Comment

We can't rename units that produced a GL in 1.21, only in 1.29. Bummer.
      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Army!
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

If you build the Art of War on Uber, you will gain its benefits only on Uber and nowhere else.

Also, we need to use him ASAP, whether it is for an Army or for something else. Since we can't get anymore GL's until he is used. We need to use him immediately, this turn coming up before we commit any combat actions.

Comment

Originally posted by kring
            If you build the Art of War on Uber, you will gain its benefits only on Uber and nowhere else.

Also, we need to use him ASAP, whether it is for an Army or for something else. Since we can't get anymore GL's until he is used. We need to use him immediately, this turn coming up before we commit any combat actions.
            Since when do Sun Tzu only work in the city its built in? Ubergorsk will allow it to work all over the main continent.

Anyway, first thing next turn I propose he march into Ubergorsk and build Sun Tzu. No chance of missing out on another GL as he'll be gone before any more battles.

Comment

Originally posted by kring
              Ghengis meant Uber as in Ubergorsk, not Uber Isle.
              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

In the previous discussion I stated that I supported building an army.

My opinion has changed. Sun Tzu: The Art of War will do more good. Gepap also makes a great point when he says:
                We know the benefits of getting the Art of War, and we also know the dangers of a major civ. getting it, which would make thier armies far more formidable, as Shiber has stated. We don't know if we ever will get another GL because it is random. We might get a dozen without the heroic epic, 3 with, 0 without- we just can't know: we should not make policy based on the probabiliuty of winning the GL lottery, that is gambling. We should make policy based on what we know. GL's aren't a solution. I would like to be able to build an economy capable of bulding great wonders without GL help. I would like even to build a force and empire so great that all the wonders of the world won't defeat us. Getting the Art of War, forever giving our armies a boost and denying the advantage of professionalism to the enemies armies will help us in that respect.
                For your photo needs:
                http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Originally posted by Shiber
                  We can't rename units that produced a GL in 1.21, only in 1.29. Bummer.
                  i remember that now

damn, thats too bad

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie
                    One thing to say though, it only produces barrack on its continent I thought. Aggie
                    True, but what a continent!! (Abananaba, I mean)

I was leaning toward the army/heroic epic route, but I find GF's reasoning pretty compelling.

Except that if it were possible to buy Theology, I'd definitely prefer the Sistine Chapel, which IMO is one of the most powerful wonders in the game.
                    aka, Unique Unit
                    Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

Originally posted by Robber Baron
                      Except that if it were possible to buy Theology, I'd definitely prefer the Sistine Chapel, which IMO is one of the most powerful wonders in the game.
                      I agree, but I think building Sun Tzu next turn will give us a shot at both as long as we keep pressing the war with Persia.

I suggest after building Sun Tzu, start building our war units in Ubergorsk, Napoleton, Geofront, Seeberg, and Loveshack.

Start civilizing the cities of Termina, Apolyton, Tassagrad, BHQ, Timeline, and Gaia but first build a settler from Apolyton or Tassagrad to fill the gap between Tass and Timline.

Settle Uber Isle and then civilize it.

This way parts of our civ will be moving forward to build commerce and science while only part continues the war on Persia.

Comment

Sun Tzu will enable us to defend new cities instantly instead of having to garrisoning multiple units for long periods of time.
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

OK. If you are bound and determined to build a Wonder, at least save the GL and build Sistine, please.

Sun Tzu's is the least useful for the long term. Barracks cost 1 gpt upkeep.

Colosseum's cost 2gpt and make 2 people content.

A cathedral costs 2gpt and makes 3 people content. That is doubled to 6 with Sistine. We build a catherdral, we don't need a colosseum for a long while; with some luxuries and marketplaces, after hospitals.

Also, Sun Tzu's is 2 culture per turn. Sistine is 6. Culture effects whether our oppo is favourable to us or not.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

I agree, but I think building Sun Tzu next turn will give us a shot at both as long as we keep pressing the war with Persia.
                            You are most likely incorrect. Civ3 general and strategy are littered with examples of people who only got one GL in the entire game. Of course, most of them built a wonder and did not build the army to increase the chances of getting more.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

Sun Tzu's is fine. So is the Sistine. But "preserving" a leader imho isn't the right way.

Comment

We have up until the next battle that our elite units are involved in to either get Theology and Sistines or build Sun Tzus.

Comment

Working...
                                X