No announcement yet.

Runoff Poll for GL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I'm starting to lean towards Sun Tzus, especially since I want a wonder really badly . We'd have to actually defend the city with Sun Tzus in it well (at least three pikemen/defensive units at all times), since I don't know if the AI strikes for wonder cities and it'd be a real shame to loose it because we were stupid. I still want Leos, but no one's going to agree with me on the waiting issue, so I think this is the best second choice.

-- adaMada
    Civ 3 Democracy Game:
    PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
    Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Go with Sun Tsu.

Comment

The odds are not cumulative, nor additive. So, you would just have 2 chances instead of 1 at either 1/16 or 1/32 since each chance is independent of the other.

You don't have to waste a separate GL to build the HE. You can build it naturally; also, the shields could be switched to another Wonder if the opportunity arose before it was built. Conversely, the shields could be switched to it if we lost a Wonder race.

The attacking every 4th turn you mention would only apply if we had units that had been heavily damaged. The same results could be achieved by rush building, or building, Barracks the old fashioned way. It is not the game ender not to get the Art of War. How many Veteran and Elite units do we already have? We have a number of Barracks already.

We don't have to build Barracks in every city. Also, it is continental only, so it wouldn't affect the island unless we built it there. Then, it wouldn't affect the continent.

The FP would be a better use if you were going to rush something, unless we get Sistine Chapel ability immediately.

Comment

We need a wonder.
          Duddha: I will return...
          Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
          "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
          Free California!

Comment

Two thumbs up for Ghengis. I must say you've done a terrific job in explaining to everyone why building Sun Tzu's is SO MUCH better than building an army.
            "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
            And the truth isn't what you want to see,
            Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Build Sun Tzu's.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie
                Ghengis . That is the best analysis so far. One thing to say though, it only produces barrack on its continent I thought. Still I always see it and leonardo as great wonders(not a good leonardo was in civ2, but still cool).
                Aggie
                Crud, forgot about that . In my BIC I reedited all wonders to affect all cities, no continent specific wonders except the Hoover Dam. Course I also edited Swordsmen to upgrade to Riflemen............

Still there's an even greater savings as we've got 6 cities on the main continent with barracks now which is an immediate 6 gpt savings, plus 9 cities and several more on the way which is 180+ shield savings and another 9+ gpt savings.

ANY WONDER THAT GIVES YOU A FREE IMPROVEMENT IN YOUR CITIES IS A GOOD THING TO HAVE.

Sun Tzu, the Pyramids, the Hoover Dam. We just might get two of those and who knows about the third one.

Comment

It does give you a large advantage when you have granaries and barracks in each city, and with spices and incense we are able to grow pretty far, before problems occur.
                  Aggie
                  The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Yea, Sun Tzu combined with the Pyramids will be very nice for city development... Ok, I'm decided. My vote goes to Sun Tzu.

-- adaMada
                    Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

Sun Tzu

what did we rename our victorious unit btw? we should call Sun Tzu

Comment

Good point... or rename it MWIA's Battalion, or Aggie's Command, or Ramses Brigade, or something appropriate. I hope we can still figure out which it is, though... :-\

-- adaMada
                        Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

If we decide to build the Art of war, where to build it.
                          I recall somebody suggesting in uber, and i think this would be an appropriate way to honor our previous SMC. Also uber is very defensable and could have it turn after next.
                          Aggie
                          The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I just opened the save and I don't see a GL anywhere. Where is he?

Comment

He's on the road between uber and geo. Are you using save 170ADend. Scared me for a second there.
                              Aggie

Comment

Here he is...
                                Attached Files
                                RIAA sucks
                                The Optimistas
                                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Working...
                                X