Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: $mini-game How do you feel about the solutions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I have 15 trading sessions from the time I took out the loan or from the start of the game?

Comment

Hey, Ghengis, do you mind continuing our deal until some rules are worked out and finalized so I can then learn them? I don't really have time to go through all of that above right now.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
        Hey, Ghengis, do you mind continuing our deal until some rules are worked out and finalized so I can then learn them? I don't really have time to go through all of that above right now.
        I'd be okay with it, any chance of reducing my "rent" to $100 though, I'm going broke here. (and I'm the Banker )

But the system I'm proposing isn't as complicated as it sounds. Its pretty much the same system (different sources for the original supply/demand numbers) just called food/shields different names to allow a greater variety of stuff to make more profitable finished goods from and a % bonus to the versions that are more rare.
        Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; August 28, 2002, 17:49.

Comment

Oh, any of the three or four systems, really, I just don't have time to mess learning all of them.

$100 is fine. In fact, I said it was unfair to you earlier, and asked you for a fair price somewhere in the turns 1 and 2 thread. But, I guess I got a turn or two extra....hehehe.
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
            Do I have 15 trading sessions from the time I took out the loan or from the start of the game?
            The next trading session be 1 of the 15 (meaning you don't have any interest until after the next 15 trading sessions).

I just noticed something about the Finished Goods:

"Beer, Jerky, Bread" pretty much sums up the "bogey bait" an American soldier takes with 'em to the field.
            Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; August 28, 2002, 16:10.

Comment

Thank god about the loan thing.

Comment

EDIT: withdrawn
                Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; August 28, 2002, 19:31.

Comment

If that passes (#2 building), then I'll forget about my building in termina. 10 shields is bad enough, but 15? No way that could possibly be done during the grace period.

Comment

Originally posted by Epistax
                    If that passes (#2 building), then I'll forget about my building in termina. 10 shields is bad enough, but 15? No way that could possibly be done during the grace period.
                    I fully agree. As mentioned before, I think the earlier building proposal was rejected just because of these high prices. That is why I reduced the prices and now people support them. (not so many posted their opinion yet so I have to be carefull here )

Ghengis, I do not see the need for this second proposal. In the first I copied many of your earlier ideas (except for the prices). Why not start with that and see where it gets us. Later on if we have some experience with buildings we can always add other ones. Is this approach acceptable for you?
                    Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Okay, consider proposal 2 withdrawn.

If no one has an objection I'm going to give Captain tile #30 (valued at $1500) as his FULL compensation for previous service. It was the tile he told me to get for him depending on what people decided about the compensation package.
                      Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; August 28, 2002, 19:37.

Comment

Not an objection, just a question - do you OWN tile #30? If you don't, but we can't buy it, I object STRONGLY. It wouldn't be fair to reserve tiles themselves for someone, it's only fair to give them extra money.

Comment

I understand where you come from skywalker, but I think Captain should get it. After all, without him this game wouldn't be here, and his hard work deserves reward -- if he asked that his compensation be tile #30, then that's what it should be. He deserves nothing less, and lots more.

-- adaMada
                          Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                          PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                          Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

I support: #2 D/S (sounds simpler and more effective than the others), #1 Buildings (no alternative; they can't do harm), but I think #1 Trade Proposals is too strict and restrictive.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                              Okay, consider proposal 2 withdrawn.

If no one has an objection I'm going to give Captain tile #30 (valued at $1500) as his FULL compensation for previous service. It was the tile he told me to get for him depending on what people decided about the compensation package.
                              Okay consider compensation for Captain wthdrawn, sheesh, you people are vicious!

Just for the record: The reason the buildings in plan 2 were more expensive was becuase they weren't designed for everybody, that is with 2's D:S lines you could do perfectly okay simply managing your estate alone.

The buildings GREATLY increased your options and profitablity and were designed to make the game more strategic for those who wanted to get more serious in the long run. In plan 1 you HAVE to build them if you want to pay your loan back and I don't think they solve the problem then. (we've added 3 players this week, meaning the supply is getting larger and larger and tweaks to the market system to accomodate current supply aren't going to permanently solve anything in my opinion, but I may be proven wrong.)

That way there would be room for those who didn't want to spend a lot of time on this and enough game depth for those who did.

But, its no skin off my nose.
                              Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; August 28, 2002, 22:25.

Comment

GhengisFarb:
                                This is off topic, but not too much. The Mingapulco's map is here .
                                RIAA sucks
                                The Optimistas
                                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Working...
                                X