No announcement yet.

Current Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to agree with the consensus (I'd be hearing all about it if I didn't, that's for sure! ), but there are a coupla points I haven't seen anyone mentioned.

Firstly - the three workers we have stacked W of Ubergorsk, threatened by two stacks of Persian Spearmen/Settlers. They CAN'T get to Loveshack in one turn as they would have to cross the river, and we have not got Engineering, thus we haven't yet the ability to cross roads on rivers as bridges! The only alternative is to move them S or SE, and to move one Spearman out of Ubergorsk to protect them until they reach that city next turn. Seeing as the only threat to that vity is the aforementione Spearman/Settler stack, I think one fortified vet Spearman behind Walls is enough to at least temporarily hold off a Regular Spearman

Secondly, we must do any and all upgrading ASAP, and send these troops to protect the road from Ubergorsk, currently threatened by two separate Persian Spearman/Settler stacks - we lose this, we lose Iron in any city but Ubergorsk, where it is nearly useless anyway. This would be a horrific blow.

Thirdly, to what German Mega-Factory Production centres do you refer? Berlin has potentially 12 shields, but Frankfurt only a max of 9, and I imagine severely less, since those Flood Plains will be well used. I estimate it has only the four that come from its' own tile and the mine. Leipzig has a max of 6, and with the flood plains worked, I estimate only 1-2! Those are all flood plaains there and that is where their pop comes from. No shields there! The only close German city of any size we need to worry about is Berlin, so the only thing to worry about is their standing army, and if they get lots more gold for rushing (no pop-rushing in Republic...

Or are my thoughts plagued by the flu I have, and my eyesite distorted by the conjunctivitis? (Consider that a warning - DO NOT under any circumstances approach me in the street should you see me there. I WILL infect you. I am hoping to use this against the Germans and Persians - by leading our troops personally in lieu of Uber, I will initiate the first germ warfare.)

El Presidente
    MrWIA
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
      Thirdly, to what German Mega-Factory Production centres do you refer? Berlin has potentially 12 shields, but Frankfurt only a max of 9, and I imagine severely less, since those Flood Plains will be well used. I estimate it has only the four that come from its' own tile and the mine. Leipzig has a max of 6, and with the flood plains worked, I estimate only 1-2! Those are all flood plaains there and that is where their pop comes from. No shields there! The only close German city of any size we need to worry about is Berlin, so the only thing to worry about is their standing army, and if they get lots more gold for rushing (no pop-rushing in Republic...
      1)To us shield production of 9 is an Extreme MegaFactory! Our core cities use mined grassland and jungle for production (I really wish we would mine that mountain north of BHQ so we have an alternate high production tile for emergencies) while Germany's cities probably used the floodplains to grow big, now that they need units they can switch to hills/mountains and outproduce us.

That's why I advocate mobilizing/blitzkrieging Hamburg and then immediately signing a peace treaty.

Comment

In 5 turns Poly will have a shield production of 10. Our own extreme mega factory
        Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Originally posted by OPD
          In 5 turns Poly will have a shield production of 10. Our own extreme mega factory
          True, but BHQ has the potential to produce well also if the mountain was mined. The mountatin and two forest are the only major source of production for our Four Core cities. Which will do well for us later as we can use them to quickly build improvemens while growing quickly from the grassland.

Comment

hi ,

all the hills inside city ranges should be mined , ....

Paris should have the hills mined , then the mountains , ...

Paris could become a city with a very high shield production , ......

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
            X