X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Situation

You know what I'm talking about.
    Attached Files

The English would declare war on Germany for 390 g, + 2gpt. This might very well occupy the German army throughout their campaign against us, at the price of nearly all our money, and stripping our upgrading ability.

The Americans will sign an alliance vs the germans for free. Hell, they'll give us all their money (22$).

Our fighters in france (IMHO) should stay in france. We chose this time to attack, we should stick with it. The french are isolated. Let's toast'm.

1 Warrior in tass, 2 in BHQ. Some quick spearmen will allow us to upgrade them and send them off to hot spots. As it stands, Mingpulco (sp) is not in any danger.

The archer near the area that is part of the settler stack is no danger to anything but settlers/workers.

That archer next to del monte is a wild card, and needs to be eliminated. As long as we have anything like that in our territory, no worker is safe.

Geofront and Napoleton are sitting ducks. Ubergorsk could donate a spearmen to northern defense, as they have two and city walls. Napoleton grows in 6-- something wise to rush build? Geofront in 2. Seeberg-- Two pop, 1 spearman, zero walls. They could rush walls or spearmen right now, or take 11 turns at either.

I corrected a few mistakes. I thought we were at war with greece at first .
    Last edited by Epistax; August 25, 2002, 11:10.

Comment

Greece, what about Greece. Will they sign with us? I really would like to avoid ALL our immediate neighbors at war with us.

If we sign with England, will it prompt Greece into war with us because they ar warring with England? Making an Aztec, England, and Us against Greece, France, Germany, and Persia?
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Looks like with Persia, we may need to stay on our own two feet.... It seems to me that ending the war with France ASAP is necessary and redistributing troops towards Persia is the only sane option, unless more alliances can be made somewhere...?

On the plus side ( I always try to do this ), we can possibly deny Persia that Iron (we'd better ).

Can anyone do a comparison of the risks we face against each enemy? We know we could likely handle the French on their own, but which of Germany and Persia is worst? I may be wrong (let me know), but these alliances are all mutual and thus means that 20 turns must pass before the AI can make peace without losing face to its allies. Either we delay for 20 turns until we can hope for a peace or we make enough small victories that they feel the reduced rep is worth a break of the alliance.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Bah! The French will fly the white flag long before 20 turns! Bloody their nose a bit. We have enough troops to take another city. They will BEG for peace AND loose face at the same time! All the better. Must be carefull when asking for cities. They will have no defenders.

Germany is the biggest immediate threat. They have swords. We can upgrade our warriors to swords and post them on that front to pevent further attacks.

Bringing Amerca into the war could pevent Germany from attacking us, but will they crumble to Germany and make obtaining those Incense more difficult?
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Given proximities of cities, I'd expect Germany to be much more aggressive. They'll probably try to pick up Seeberg and Napoleton. We could destroy munich, or leave it where it is. It is no danger.

If we replace the warrior defense in the east with spearmen, we could send the warriors off to be upgraded.

Does loveshack really need 2 spearmen? I'd send one to the east/north

Comment

There is a spear enroute to Napoleton at this time. Can't remember ETA.
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Epistax
                The Americans will sign an alliance vs the germans for free. Hell, they'll give us all their money (22$).
                We shouldn't. Germany can easily conquer America and take Fragrance Valley which we so long for.
                There are other ways to deal with Germany that will not risk our future expansion plans, such as rushing swordsmen and spearmen from Mingapulco to the German front. Since Persia is a minimal threat we can have just one swordsman guarding the Persian front while another will clean our territory of Persian settler stack (causing them significant losses and maybe causing them to change their minds and agree to a peace deal) and later join his friends in the German front.
                "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

So shall we continue the french conquest? Take rheims and marseilles, and sue for rouen, chartres? Their capital will go to Lyons.

Comment

Destruction of cities like Munich will piss the AI off like having cold water poured over your head during a blissful dream - we mustn't do this voluntarily unless we plan to be on the alert with them forever more, or we intend to take them out of the equation altogether.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I'm not sure if this is a good idea -- I personally don't like the idea of going to war with Greece -- but I thought I'd throw it out anyway.

England will declare war on Germany and Persia if we declare war on Greece and pay them 324 gold.

England will declare war on Germany if we declare war on Greece.

England will declare war on Persia if we declare war on Greece.

We could probably work a tech trade into any of these deals if we decided to take them, but I'm don't think we should -- I have no desire to A) guarentee that all of these wars last twenty turns, and B) get into a war with greece.

-- adaMada
                      Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                      PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                      Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

We could destroy munich, or leave it where it is. It is no danger.
                        We did see an archer there once. I doubt he'll leave Munich, he's probably the only unit the Germans sent with the settler that founded Munich.

Does loveshack really need 2 spearmen? I'd send one to the east/north
                        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I'm sorry but I feel that at this point, creating a world war is not what we want to do. Getting involved with Greece means getting involved with England and Aztecs. And then you have a 4v3. Or if we sign with England, its 3v4. Either way it's bad... and we really are not in a position to handle it.

I think the best solution is to do whatever it takes to get the French to come to peace with us and then stave off Germany and Persia, maybe on the offensive if we must.
                          Minister of the Economy: Term IV, V
                          Ministre d'Économie: Session IV, V
                          Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people following me!
                          Même si je suis paranoïde, ça n'exige pas qu'il n'y a pas de gens qui me suivent!

Comment

It's all gone a bit wrong! I really hope my beloved settlers can get all the protection they need!
                            A citizen of the first Civ 3 democracy game
                            A member of the Apolytonia War Academy

Comment

Originally posted by Will 5001
                              It's all gone a bit wrong!
                              Understatement of the year.

Ubergorsk is well-defended (2 vet spearmen, fortified, behind walls). The Persians just now got involved in the war, so they may not have a big army ready.

And where is that settler stack of theirs? Slaves, anyone? (We could always use more.)
                              oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Working...
                              X