War Academy/ Machiavelli Institute: Response to the Military alliances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The key element is this;

Germany and Persia are NOT at war with us. Someone gave them money to declare and now they have to build troops divert them into our territory and start fighting a war. If we aggressively assault them we will overpower their unprepared defenses.

A quick smack, an offer of peace and they quit. In their minds they never fought a war, it was simply a political transaction.

They got their money, they made a declaration, somebody bit them, and they went home.

WE WILL GREATLY BENEFIT FROM THIS IS IF WE DO NOT FIGHT A WAR.

Quick assaults to seize Sidon and Hamburg are Admonishments for their hasty declarations. Quick reminders that the war wasn't their idea in the first place. If we do it quick enough we come out of it with Sidon and Hamburg without having to fight the main forces of either Germany or Persia. No hard feelings and Hamburg and her Iron are safely ours.

If we do start meeting German forces as we cross the mountains to Hamburg, we simply ignore them. So what if they take Seeburg and Napoleton, we take Hamburg and Germany won't think twice about handing back "useless size 1 cities", because that's all they'll be to Bismark.

Comment

Well, well, where are the Persian lovers now?

I said they are a threat and would love nothing more than to betray us, but they said "No, they'll be our nice friends."

Anyways, GhengisFarb has a good strategy, but I think its worth looking at the possibilty of cutting off Persia's iron (forget the name of the Persia city, so Ghengis might have already mentioned it).
      If you are unable to read this you are illiterate.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodFella
        Well, well, where are the Persian lovers now?

I said they are a threat and would love nothing more than to betray us, but they said "No, they'll be our nice friends."

Anyways, GhengisFarb has a good strategy, but I think its worth looking at the possibilty of cutting off Persia's iron (forget the name of the Persia city, so Ghengis might have already mentioned it).
        I clicked the "clean map" option and the only iron I could see is the one on the mountain near Antioch, right by our over ambitious warrior. Since, I don't think the warrior could take Antioch, we could have him fortify on the iron but I think it's a wasted effort.

I've been saying since the beginning that we should look to annexing Persia.

Comment

hi ,

lets not forget that because of the level we are on , the AI had some extra starting units , ....its unlikely that all those extra AI units bought the farm , .....

we should change governments , ....see what we can do , and counterattack , ....

marseilles , even berlin , ....

lets look at all the options , do all the math , and lets rock & roll , ....

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by GoodFella
            IIRC several people claimed that signing a RoP with an AI will not slow down his attack but then Ninot was tempted by the Persian offer of 33 gold and signed the treaty.
            Anyway, it turned out for the best IMHO. Persia has inferior troops. They're in a state of anarchy so they can't produce any more troops for a few turns. They have no iron. They have poorly-defended settler stacks within our territory, which means more slaves for us.
            All in all I think we're doing perfectly fine in the Persian front.
            "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
            And the truth isn't what you want to see,
            Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Why don't we take Munich? We cut off their dyes. Yes, it may not be a threat to us, but it can be an asset.

Comment

We're not really cutting off their dyes because they don't have a trade route to Munich at the moment anyway. However, my experience tells me that when you take something precious from the AI like a town with luxuries or resources he will agree to talk to you sooner.
                We can get Munich on the way to Hamburg. I suggest we do it.
                - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by Shiber
                  We're not really cutting off their dyes because they don't have a trade route to Munich at the moment anyway. However, my experience tells me that when you take something precious from the AI like a town with luxuries or resources he will agree to talk to you sooner.
                  We can get Munich on the way to Hamburg. I suggest we do it.
                  We can get Munich anytime, now is not the time to jeopardize our opportunity to get Hamburg and a second iron for simply "speeding up" the aquisition of a few dyes when that's already our most abundant resource.

Comment

Okay, you convinced me. However I'm not that sure we can get Hamburg.
                    I think it's best to leave Munich as a last resort in case we fail to get Hamburg.
                    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by Shiber
                      Okay, you convinced me. However I'm not that sure we can get Hamburg.
                      I think it's best to leave Munich as a last resort in case we fail to get Hamburg.
                      That's a good plan if our forces get slaugtered we can take Munich with the troops that sacked Sidon since they probably wouldn't make it to Hamburg on time.

That would get us peace before the German Industrial Mecha starts the assembly line of swordsmen into our Jungle Empire.

Comment

Let's be careful in fighting a three front war. We don't want to stretch our military too thin in too many directions at one time. And we need to do something to keep Greece either out of it or in it on our side. I think we can win this, but we need to continue to develop some intelligent stategies to guarantee our success.

Comment

Originally posted by kring
                          Let's be careful in fighting a three front war. We don't want to stretch our military too thin in too many directions at one time. And we need to do something to keep Greece either out of it or in it on our side. I think we can win this, but we need to continue to develop some intelligent stategies to guarantee our success.
                          hi ,

, would it help if we would give Greece 5 gold ones in a while or so , ....

Alexander tends to be fair , but he likes an oppurtunity aswell , ....

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Dare! God favors the Bold!

I agree with those who say that France must be dealt with. I think that Roun is a minimum, and that razing some of the besieged cities is a worthwile point of discussion.

My concern goes toward Persia and Germany.

While Germany is the greater threat due to a large population, superior military technology and an aggressive nature, not to mention its more consolidated geography making reinforcement and easier task.

Their willingness to attack the Aztecs, however seems to indicate a desire for gold rather than real conquest.

To date their military activity against us is minimal. And adding another front will make large forces arrayed against us unlikely. Not to mention the fact that slugging through mountians and jungles to take our small towns is less appealing than traversing plains and grassland to take the larger towns in the Aztec's western holdings.

It seems to me that aside from Hamburg and Munich, there are no viable targets for us in this war against Germany. America must be assimilated and developed before we would be in a position to march against the Hun in force.

However, I think that Persia is a softer target worthy of consideration.

We must take (or raze) Tyre and Sidon as a punative measure against Persian cowardice. However I think we should consider taking Gordium.

This would not only make Persia pay, but with development in the surroudning area it could grow to be a large and potentially productive city. Also it would serve as a wonderful springboard for military activity in that region. We would be beyond the jungle, and with horse units within two turns of attacking Pasargadae.

With Hamburg, America and Gordium, and conserted, industrious development our northern and eastern borders would be effectively unnasailable leaving only the small Greek and French cities in the West to be flipped by our ever expanding culture.

My thoughts for the mid-range game.

Comment

Working...
                            X