Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the term for goverment be increased to two month?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the term for goverment be increased to two month?

To me it seems as the elections and change of goverment slows down the game play. I feel that at least two month/goverment would speed up things.
    The viking age ended 1066 at Monday, September 25, 6pm

I feel there's a problem with this :
    Being a member of the government is an important involvement, even for minor ministers. Doing it one month isn't always easy (several ministers already resigned mid-term), doing it 2 months becomes really tiring.
    Ninot and myself are happy retirees after 2 months, and Uber was very reluctant to go for a 3rd term. I think it'll be hard to find people who'll be able to keep up the work for 2 months, esp. with school coming again.

Rather than making term longer, I suggest e make the transition smoother and not slowing. Unorthodox's suggestions are a good idea in this direction.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I can see your point but if ther are only done some turns 6 times a month then the game will last for a very long time...(unless the war against France fails totaly).
      The viking age ended 1066 at Monday, September 25, 6pm

Comment

I agree, the game is moving slowly, but two months, well that is alot.

I wonder if we could do this maybe. Its pretty simple, after a month of the term, each minister can choose if they wish to stay on for another month. Also, they can choose to step down without any hash feelings. This could speed the game up a bit by (hopefully) shortining up the time its takes for elections.
        Last edited by trickey; August 25, 2002, 09:44.

Comment

i'm completely against this
          two months is way too long between elections
          i'd be getting pretty sick of my job after two months - even in the Civ2 game, which is way, way less complicated.

and plus, it hits at the democratic foundations of the game.

i support unorthodox's proposals.
          it'll fix the problems, and won't create new ones.
          Last edited by Darkness' Edge; August 24, 2002, 08:27.

Comment

I don't know if I could commit to two months at a time.
            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

hmmm...everything I would say has already been said by everyone else

Comment

I would say no at this time. Only if things drasticly change in the game would I consider this.
                If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I feel that a month is pretty short -- the new government is just getting into full swing, and we're already 1/4th done! On the other hand, I doubt most people could do it for a full month, and I've got a hunch that if we ever wound up with a bad government, a month would seem like much longer than it seems short while we've got a good government.

-- adaMada
                  Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                  PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                  Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

The next transition should be faster. We'll have more people running for positions too when they remember how to juggle school and the internet.
                    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Yea, and I'm not blaming anyone for the transition time. It just seems like it would be nice to have the governments around longer, but I agree that it's impossible. Hard enough to find people for positions as it is...

-- adaMada
                      Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                      PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                      Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Id rather just see us eliminate term limits Then let the people have their say every month, but the good ministers stay as long as they are supported.

Besides with longer terms, we'd have more resignations.

Comment

Originally posted by wervdon
                            Id rather just see us eliminate term limits Then let the people have their say every month, but the good ministers stay as long as they are supported.
                            Uber 1 more term

"Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

No. No. No.

Oh, and did I mention, NO.

Comment

Working...
                              X