Ammendment discussion: Changing Administrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
    Or PERHAPS some of us are just not a good at this as you, is that what you want to hear? Not to mention you had many ministers and a VP return to office...
    UnOrthO, i hope you know i intend to reach nothing of that sort of point.

I am merely describing how I see the process should be followed.

BTW, yes it is a very certain point that it is easier to have a chat quickly after elections than a thread would be to have. and now that threads are becoming the norm, i completely understand the difference (after it was pointed out to me )
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Yeah, forgive me. I have missed my Thai Chi class the last three days and am a bit on edge because of it.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Ninot - I have read your posts here carefully, and thank you for your points. I certainly did not realise the ease of transition between Trip's Presidency and your own - just my inability to attend chats meant I paid less attention to when they were played. In this Government's own defense, Timeline did stay around for term 2 and thus there was some Executive experience that could call on knowledge from immediately before the elections. This time round only Uber and Apoc have returned, and only Uber has had much experience with the chats, and he is rather busy at present.

This time around, although I PMed all Ministers as soon as elections ended, there was a delay in some of their replies due to RL constraints. Once they did respond (within two days for everyone), I was highly impressed with everyones' organisation. So this was another little reason for the slowdown. A final reason is that UnOrthO and I needed to work out a possible time for chats - everyone knows where I live and a 6-18 hour time difference was never going to be easy to accomodate. We managed to find some times, ironically, just before my hard drive had a seizure.

BUT, I now realise that there is an expectation from you and probably others that the new Admin take over soon after elections and takes some steps towards this during elections. For myself, I spent election week finishing RL work (rather ironically freeing some time for posting now ) and catching up on EVERY vaguely important looking thread. I hope that between us we can make future Exec wise to the fact that they are expected to prep for the game. I thank you again for bringing all this to my attention.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I'm just saying that anyone should be allowed to make it. How about saying that "If no official nominations thread exists by the 5th the President is required to post one"?

Comment

Ok, that part is edited.

MrWIA, I really don't see how wecould have sped things up all that much. I feel that this would just be a Courtious thing to do. Give the new admin a bit of time. Especially now that school is back, and people have more RL commitments. Summer break is over guys.
            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Indeed not, UnOrthO, but I wasn't aware a rapid transition was expected. Had we been able to get things going fast , I would not have been pushing for a quick start, but instead taking my time with aiding you in setting up your directory and making sure positions and orders were confirmed.

If you like, just look at my above post as a noncomittal sort of piece of officialdom. Apologetic so as to smooth any ruffled feathers, but not actually promising to DO anything.

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

How very PRESIDENTIAL of you. Saying alot of things, but none of them committing...
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                  How very PRESIDENTIAL of you. Saying alot of things, but none of them committing...
                  /me thinks that MWIA has gotten the hang of it...
                  Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                  PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                  Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Any mre feelings on this? Is it ready for a vote.

No offense to the constitutional convention, but this needs to be i effect before thenxt admin, or I suppose we could just DO it for the next admin...
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Lets put it to a vote it is ready.
                      Aggie
                      The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

This is a good idea. We should have added this awhile ago.
                        For your photo needs:
                        http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Working...
                        X