No announcement yet.

Turnthread orders starting 350BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will, We are going to have ONE more Settler in the next five turns according to the City Planner plans. A successfull attempt at the galleys, which very well may be yours now, will get to Uber Island the same time as to site 1. Which is the priority.

Examining site 1, it will be under Englsh culture pessure now. Something expanded since your map. I really don't think this needs to be decided in the next 5 turns, so if I don't hear from you, the settler will proced towards site one, but could turn back in time to meet the galleys should that be decided.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Unorthodox, I pretty much feel as you do, in fact I suggested it to shiber earlier. I do understand the threat to our western cities, though I see little real evidence of attack, what I see is evidence of expansion not war(due to the settler stack). However if they did try to take ubergorsk, an army from BHq would take 5 turns including uprade time. Generally if there is a real chance of attack it would be wise to have some significant force, say three swords 2E of ubergorsk. So generally I'll leave it up to your discresion on the upgrade since you will be seeing the game not I and can see how the persians act. To be honest if they attack Geo and Nap there is little we can do right now, though my orders do reflect moving the next 2 spear made to those cities just to strengthen their defense. Realistically the cities we can defend are uber and Loveshack. Another reason for upgrading is the "we're going to do it anyway" reason. We will need more troops for operation "bye bye abe"., so upgrading now you get the defense and later some of the offense for the war. In the long run(beyond 5+ turns) I wouldn't mind having a 4-5 sword force up there. That way if somebody did attack we could at least take a city fairly quickly.
      Aggie
      The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I am not as concerned with a persian sneak attack as I am with Germany joining France, and it snowballing from there. That, we could prepare for, somewhat, by upgrading the Warriors. And sending out Banana HQ's spears to some other cities would make me feel better as well,an reduce the risk of such an attack as they would be more costly, and therefore less appetising targets.

Your gamble. We could maybe get the remaining, if any, Archers as back up...Not sure on the number of turns, though. I will likely stop right after taking the cities so we can all discuss and see the damages. Easier to formulate plans that way. Or perhaps you will all be cursing my computer for kicking out the worst rolls ever...

Well, you seem to have things under control here. I shall retire and rest up to lead the toops to victory on sunrise. We attack at dawn.
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Power on, and good luck (and random numbers), UnOrthOdOx.

-- adaMada
          Civ 3 Democracy Game:
          PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
          Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie
            Shiber, I don't believe fortification gives 50% strength. I think we all debated this earlier and it was something like 15%
            You're right, it's 25% actually. That's what I meant to type.
            "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
            And the truth isn't what you want to see,
            Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
              Reguarding the upgrades: What abou mving the proposed three Warriors to BananaHQ. It has a barracks, and is CLOSER to the front. Use them as police, and send out it's Spears to fortify some border cities better. The three warriors could then be upgraded quickly on an as needed basis...
              hi ,

indeed we should wait to upgrade , we shall save money , yet we should upgrade when they are needed

have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Ok, report up, new thread started, this one is over.
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                X