No announcement yet.

The Apolytonian Geographic Society: a proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any chance of posting a map of our territory WITH GRIDS TURNED ON. We could use it for the $MiniGame then.

Comment

Do you mean Apolytonia? Yep, good idea. I'll do it in the morning. Now, it's bed time...
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas
      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

I've got photoshop and know how to use it. I'd be happy to help, if you could just give me some pointers on how to get good screenshots. Is there a way to run Civ3 at higher rez?
        Member of The Royal Apolytonian Geographic Society
        Request maps here.
        Download maps here.

Comment

GhengisFarb,
          You can find the maps of Apolytonia (with grids) in my site. Take a look and let me know if those maps are adequate.

Caesarqbear,
          About the higher resolution, someone posted something in another thread. I’ll do some research. You have to change the ini.txt file or something like that. Well, this scares me…
          What I’m doing is take screenshots (with the zoom out, if it’s a world map, or zoom in, if it’s a more detailed map) and them put the pieces together in Photoshop. To get the screenshots, you just have to press “Print Screen”, you know. Moving the cursor, you get the pieces. It’s like a puzzle…
          Your help will be VERY welcome, and we can work together or in different jobs, depending of the requests.
          If you want to, here is a job: look at the Geographic map in my site (see link in my sign or above, in another post). Could you make the maps of The great Basin, the Major Plain, The Minor basin, The Minor Plain and Abanabana (Anabana? Abanana? I need to fix this…)? You can use the new updated map as a reference, or take the screenshots from the 350 BC sav, what do you prefer. You can send me the maps by e-mail (aroeira@ism.com.br) and I’ll upload those maps to my site. Usually, I make them printable, with 300dpi and something around 20cmX16cm, or larger. I’ll put the credits, of course.
          Now, you are officially a member of the Apolytonian Geographic Society! Be proud!

And please, forgive my spelling mistakes, not to mention the grammar…

Edit: e-mail
          Last edited by Aro; August 22, 2002, 13:15.
          RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas

Comment

Great job! Those should work, thanks.

Hey, does that big river have a name? How about it's tributaries?

Comment

Hello - just to let you know that region 2 now has a name (principality of pina colada - or PPC for short).

When we get all the regions named, and post war with france, if possible I would like to request a map of our territory with all our names. Thanks a bunch. All your work is very appreciated.
              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

GodKing i was just coming to this thread to suggest the same thing... well, you beat me too it! congrats.

i think a master map should also be made taht labels the geographic regions... could we do that? or maybe that'd be best left for after we've gotten Uber Isle covered.

Minister of the Economy: Term IV, V
                Ministre d'Économie: Session IV, V
                Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people following me!
                Même si je suis paranoïde, ça n'exige pas qu'il n'y a pas de gens qui me suivent!

Comment

Just a suggestion for making maps...
                  When your getting the pictures out of the actual game, press the delete key on your keyboard. This will make all of the game interface disappear.
                  Another tip: Save each screenshot you use as a seperate file, then combine them as one out of the game. You won't have to keep on switching between the game to your file, but from one file to another.

Here's a link to a fine (albeit outdated) map of Phoenatica.

Happy Mapmaking!
                  Join a Democracy Game today!
                  | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Thanks for the tips, Octavian X.
                    GodKing and Reddawg, I'll work on this (with your input, I hope ), as soon I can manage my RL daily work (many cartoons and illustrations to do, and I play in two bands, with a lot of shows coming! Oh, man, I'm stuck...). Today I will be very busy, but tomorrow I come back.
                    Quoting Panag: "have a nice day..."
                    RIAA sucks
                    The Optimistas

Comment

There’s a new map on the site, done by caesarqbear. It's a detailed map of The Grand Basin. The link is here .
                      Thanks, caesarqbear!
                      RIAA sucks
                      The Optimistas

Comment

The 290 BC map is already done. is here .
                        I made it in a hurry, if I did some mistake, let me know.
                        Thanks.
                        RIAA sucks
                        The Optimistas

Comment

Here is our staff (in alphabetical order):
                          Aro
                          Caesarqbear
                          Darkness’ Edge
                          Disorganizer (as a “Visitor Cartographer)
                          GePap
                          GodKing
                          Octavian X (as a “Visitor Cartographer”, and also for the excellent tips)
                          Reddawg (statistics and cartography goes well together)
                          Togas (as our councilor)

Note: I put in the staff everybody who post here, with the exceptions of Epistax and GhengisFarb, they are too busy. However, they have a place here if they want.
                          Thanks.
                          Everyone who wants stay out just let me know…
                          RIAA sucks
                          The Optimistas

Comment

Caesarqbear's map of Abananaba Major is here . An excellent super high detail map.
                            Great job, caesarqbear, thanks!
                            RIAA sucks
                            The Optimistas

Comment

Working...
                            X