Bunch of ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good ideas. We need our CoL to be more clear and precise

However, about the term-limit issue : while I'm against term-limits (as long as someone does a good job and is liked, why firing him ?), these were decided by a vote.

Epistax : you should make a separate poll on the term-limit thing, because it's an important issue, and you can't simply bundle it with the rest (or your poll will quickly be threadjacked to this hot issue only)
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Very well-- although I do not mean to group these together except to gain ideas. Perhaps the rest would be able to fit under a single multi poll... if that makes sense.

I really would like some NEW suggestions as well.

Comment

This looks good. Good work Epistax.
        For your photo needs:
        http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

hi ,

intresting stuff , , ...

we should get a col that is simple , justified , easy , well , , the US has these little books where the constition is in , it is written on 20 pages , 4 x 2.5 inch , ....we should be able to have our col like that !

MrWIA , the memebers of the government should also carry the avatar they have , all the time , ...it comes with the job and they should be proud of it , ...

huh , that should go in the col also , ...

as for the rest we can finf ways to please most citizens in the col , there shall always be some who dont agree , ...but dont worry , ...

, send them to panag , ....heheh , they shall be re-educated true the power of the great banana

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I too must voice my distate for #6. Did it ever occur to anyone that some do not run because they do not think that they can win, that they are afraid they will hurt their party? The DIA has been reluctant in the past to run against Uber because of this. The term limits are neccesary to avoid dictatorships at a position.
            Est-ce que tu as vu une baleine avec un queue taché?
            If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.

Comment

proposal for recumbent officials:

as you can see in our (our asi mean US that i live in) govt system, good presidential may not run for third time because of stupid republicans who feared another democratic FDR type that would dominate in election. (ironically, they couldnt repeal wat they created when they wanted Reagan to run for third term HAH!) Also in the same country, a dumb recumbent can easily be re-elected as congreeman and senate cause they is no term-limit and they can use their recumbent advantage to win elections. So I propose a balance, whiel this may not work for US govt (who knows it might fix recumbency problem in congress and i'll be famous for suggesting ) i think my compromise of no term limit vs term limit solution may work here.

There IS a term limit. Set amount to be decided by agreement upon discusiion. for example sake, lets say four terms.

President Joe, an excellent leader serves four terms. his term limt has ended. he must resign his spot as president now. a new president rises to power. He serves. He may or may not be re-elected. either way, two (or any number decided) full term has passed since Joe's last term. Joe's "waiver" period is over. He may now run again.
              :-p

Comment

Working...
              X