Election: President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
    In the Space Age, it has been discovered that in fact "Down Under" is on top of the world. In order to not confuse people, the North maintains their convenient fiction, whereas any tourist shop in NZ or Australia will sell you a correct map - with us on top.
    Fiction. If they honestly believe such a lie, then why do BOTH OF THEIR FLAGS refer to the United Kingdom? HMM? ANSWER THAT! HA!

How can we let a man like this become our President? A vote for banana is a vote for sanity, literacy, and democracy!
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

MWIA of course, hopefully he will promote turnthreads, as he would be fairly lonely in evening turnchats, considering his "exotic" timezone .

Comment

What, no kind words for me Sir Ralph?

Although I intend to keep turnchats going a while longer (ideally until a lightning strike on France), we shall see. I hope to initiate some form of turnthreads soon ('cause we can always have a turnthread detailing what will/has happened in a turnchat), but if they cause low turnouts, turnthreads will come sooner rather than later. I do want turnthreads started within my term, however, whatever happens.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Can I have my vote back then?

Comment

Well, bugger. I was hoping that would be reassuring - despite my personal preferences, I am more than willing to accede for the good of everyone else.

I guess there's just no pleasing some constituents.
            Consul.

Comment

Go turn threads! For orders.

Have chats while you play if you wish to keep everyone feeling more involved.

Let's get everyone involved!
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

AWW, this presidentual election thread sucks compared to the last one. Trip and Ninots campaigning for my vote *couph* bribe *cough* was great. And then of course there was all the controversy. *sigh* memories...
                "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

You always could have proposed your candidacy for President as well, Kman. In the interests of Democracy and giving me a run for my hard work, that is.
                  Consul.

Comment

Me!? run for political office!? With a senior year from hell starting in a week!? Yeah right. Besides, I wouldnt waste my time running against someone of such presteige, such as your self, MWIA. It would take one along the lines of the great Trip, or Ninot, to win this one. Besides, I like your ideas and think you will do a great job.

Kman
                    Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Kramerman

Me!? run for political office!? With a senior year from hell starting in a week!? Yeah right. Besides, I wouldnt waste my time running against someone of such presteige, such as your self, MWIA. It would take one along the lines of the great Trip, or Ninot, to win this one. Besides, I like your ideas and think you will do a great job.

Kman
                      im flattered, i truly am

Kman, i see great pottential in you. I have no doubt that you could go toe to toe with anyone for any election if you keep up this pace for a few more months.
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Kman
                        Prestige, moi? Whatever gives you that idea?

And I have had THE senior year at Uni for quite some time now. I hope to show that with the help and goodwill of everyone here, even someone supposedly chronically busy can do this and do it well. You're running next time, Kman, if I have to buy cloning off of the Phoenatics as they leave their planet and clone you to do so!
                        Consul.

Comment

I see my place here in the democracy game is to make a few smart-ass-posts a day with only an occasional insightful work.
                          If civIII really interested me I would deffinately want to play a bigger role. Shoot, if i didnt have to go to school nexr week, i would like to play a bigger role. But being a minister or something is a responsibility i dunno if i want. A justice, maybe, but not a minister. Though, maybe, perhaps if i could count it as a position of leadership on my college application i might strive to make the sacrifice...
                          Thank you for you kind words.

Kman

Comment

*gladly votes for MWIA*

now i support turnchats
                            me and you can control the game
                            Last edited by Darkness' Edge; August 14, 2002, 05:29.

Comment

A justice, maybe, but not a minister.

Kman
                              Why's everyone after my job?

His job is sooooo much better. Really, it is. I promise. Just don't ask Ninot. He's deluded!
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkness' Edge
                                *gladly votes for MWIA*

now i support turnchats
                                me and you can control the game
                                Good to have you aboard, fellow Antipodean! Even if you did gip us out of the Bledisloe......

Be warned, though, the chats (whilst they last) may be morning for us both - in order to allow the majority Northerners to patrticipate.
                                Consul.

Comment

Working...
                                X