No announcement yet.

Constitutional Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for our active participants 150 was the absolute max, 100 was opptomistic, 60-75 is probably realistic (and of course I mean YOU, don't get me wrong, I know YOU sitting there are incredibly active!)
    If you are unable to read this you are illiterate.

Comment

Goodfella, was it really neccessary to write 3 posts for that?
      "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
      - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
      Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Yes, yes it was.

Comment

was it really?
          Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

He could have fired tomatoes at me. Leave him alone.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

*GoodFella launches rotten tomatoes at Kramerman*

Comment

****!!!! Damn it!!!! I smell like crap!

*chambers banana into shotgun barrels*

Oh yeah, GoodFella, I think I forgot to mention my new invention....

Comment

No tomatoes here. I wait for you at the bar to have a <insert your favorite drink here>.

This constitution is waaays too long and complicated. I shudder only reading it. Mind you that English is not my native language, and even less this juridical gibberish. After all, this is a game and things don't need to be over-complicated. On the other hand, important features are missing. Still an official poll with only 1 yes vote counts as "approved" in a democracy with much more than 200 citizens. We need a census of active citizens.

A lot of work to do.

Comment

What we need is a small, but very important Constitution that takes care of the most important issues: basically polls, positions, and a few procedures. The rest of management should be located in a Code of Laws.
                    2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
                    Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

Comment

What we need is a small, but very important Constitution that takes care of the most important issues: basically polls, positions, and a few procedures. The rest of management should be located in a Code of Laws.
                      The CoL basically does this already - though not as perfectly as would be needed by a real life fully-functioning society.

I really dont see any major problems with our present CoL for our demo game. Perhaps I am missing something? I think some people *cough* skywalker *cough* are just blowing things out of proportion. Our CoL lays out the fundemental guidelines of our government and how it should be run, and guidelines on how to amend these guidlines as change demands. The CoL is fairly simple and has worked well, in my opinion. This, I believe, is suitable for a mere game that we are playing. I mean if we were starting a country or something, I would see the need for a totally new constitution - but we are playing a game.

Kman

Comment

While you can create a more concise and pertinent document, it may never be anything but too long. The problem has been always that two many chefs spoil the broth.....to paraphrase John Adams...

One man can move mountains
                        Two men can work miracles
                        Three men, well three men is a congress, and God save us from that.

Overhauling the constitution will take time, lots of it. Or we can live with what we have, and change what needs changing. reduce the number of ministers. Amend polling rules. Add what is a quorum for something to pass as an amendment for elections and other polls.

It is long now, and this would make it longer, but if its properly formatted, then anything can be made easy enough to read or find what you need.

Just my opinion, I certainly praise anything that aids us in moving the game forward.
                        Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                        "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

Amen.
                          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by carpathia
                            How about seven then; President, Vice president, two Justices, two ministers, and one appointed citizen. The public has to have a representative.
                            Seven is not exactly an even number
                            Statistical anomaly.
                            The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

DAVOUT, still the fifth? I thought there was another after the war. Or was the pre war the fourth? Heh. I'm not the expert you would be. At any rate, they've done it a few times so there is precedent.
                              The fourth was after WWII ; the fifth was in 1958 made for De Gaulle, and still working.
                              Statistical anomaly.
                              The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

I'm with you as long as the passage of the new constitution is done through an ammendment to the old. Something like this would do:

Ammendment #whatever
                                Ammendment on the retirement of the first republic of Apolytonia
                                This ammendment will retire this entire constitutional document upon passage of the new constitution of Apolytonia by not less than two-thirds votes from the citizens, 2/3 defined as those who vote not the entire census. If the new constitution should fail to pass, this ammendment will sunset immediately and this constitution will remain in effect.

----
                                Something like that should allow us to retire our original consitution and institute the new in a nice legal (non-bloody) way.

Comment

Working...
                                X