Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election Nominations thread (non-party specific)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Constitution states that you can be in a position three times in a row, and after then you have to run for a DIFFERENT position. This could mean that we have the same candidates in forever, just rotating through different places. This should be OK unless we REALLY have no-one who wants to be SMC next time.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

• Shoot. I'm going to lose. Again. To people who are actually here about 1/10 the amount of time I am. Please, I've been in the Civ3 Demo Game the entire time, I was with the Civ2 Demo Game for a month, and I was with the CFC Civ2 Demo Game for about two months, and I've NEVER HELD A MINISTRY POSITION.

Please, PLEASE elect me this time.

Comment

• I would like to retract my campiagn for minister of Science. I'm going to be too busy and Apocalypse will do a fine job anyways.
        Duddha: I will return...
        Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
        "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
        Free California!

Comment

• Good, it looks like everything was fixed, so that Uber is running for SMC again, and I am running for Econ Minister. I hope MWIA doesn't try to kill me for all the trouble I have caused him...
          2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
          Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

Comment

• we should kill term limits in the next reform
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

• That's kinda a tough issue. Anyone that likes the job, with the citizens liking them-- they should be able to keep at it, right?

But that could also prevent other people from running for a position. Gah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Epistax
                That's kinda a tough issue. Anyone that likes the job, with the citizens liking them-- they should be able to keep at it, right?

But that could also prevent other people from running for a position. Gah!
                Well its like this

we want to put limits so everyone can participate
                but as it is, not enough people want to do the jobs anyways.
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• I remember seeing some poll from months ago over minister term lengths. The most popular response being terms should last as long as the minister is popular.
                  I would post a link but i don't know how to and can't find the poll.
                  Are we having fun yet?

Comment

• After much consideration, I have decided to run for public historian.
                    Est-ce que tu as vu une baleine avec un queue taché?
                    If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.

Comment

• Originally posted by UberKruX
                      we should kill term limits in the next reform
                      hi ,

no , just make the terms a bit longer , like two or three months or so , ...

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• 2-3 month terms? You would have everyone quitting after one month. I certainly couldn't take President after these next four weeks.

And we just need an emergency clause - in the situation where no other candidate can be found, the incumbent who has held that position three times (or more) running may stand and hold that position again. It is the understanding from the Civ2 game.
                        Consul.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                          2-3 month terms? You would have everyone quitting after one month. I certainly couldn't take President after these next four weeks.

And we just need an emergency clause - in the situation where no other candidate can be found, the incumbent who has held that position three times (or more) running may stand and hold that position again. It is the understanding from the Civ2 game.
                          hi ,

, why would they run away after more then one month , ....

make them something like 6 weeks or so , ....

what should we do , the term's we have now are a bit short , ....

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• Hey, don't forget to vote in the Impeachment Amendment vote...

go here: Impeachment Amendment
                            Last edited by jdjdjd; August 12, 2002, 15:34.
                            Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                            "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

• Suggestion for the whole term limit controversy:

Would it be possible to ammend the constitution so that we could have an approval poll where more that 50% of those voting would have to approve of letting the candidate run for another consecutive term after 3.

This way we would have an "out" if we had a really good person filling a particular position.

Comment

• Originally posted by panag

hi ,

, why would they run away after more then one month , ....

make them something like 6 weeks or so , ....

what should we do , the term's we have now are a bit short , ....

have a nice day
                                A month means elections happen on the same days, making things easy to remember. For me anyway, it is easy to commit for a month, but 6 weeks is a sizeable chunk of time and it is well beyond me to be in ANY position for this long. A month shows you have the dedication to hang around and do a decent job, whilst not forcing you into being stuck.

But start a poll if you really want. But if it passes, there's no way in hell I'd ever stand for a 6-8 week term. I suspect I am not alone amongst past, present and prospective Ministers in this thought.
                                Consul.

Comment

Working...
                                X