Election: Foreign Affairs Minister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election: Foreign Affairs Minister

This is the official election for our (new) Foreign Affairs Minister.

Sn00py is gone/leaving, so we need this election for the two weeks leading up to the normal elections

Query:
    Who should be our next Foreign Affairs Minister?

Candidates:
    Jdd2007 (UFC)
    Donal Graeme (IND)

Ends:

5 days, August 4th, 10:15pm Est.
    Jdd2007
    75.00%
    Donal Graeme
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Ninot; July 30, 2002, 23:51.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Jdd -- cause his banana has teeth!!
    (oh yeah, and his approach to foreign affairs)
    aka, Unique Unit
    Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

you can find some info about my campaign here...

I am the best man for the job because

-I have been, am being, and shall be very active
      -I will work as much as possible with other ministers
      -I will make sure to listen to the people and both major parties
      -I will compromise
      -I will try to get embassies
      -I was influential in getting an ambassador to Phoenatica
      -I will answer any questions you may have here.
      Last edited by jdd2007; July 31, 2002, 00:09.

Comment

*mumble*

Hmmm... Don't know whom to vote for yet...

Guess that means you both have 5 days to try to win me over.
        "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
        -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

I feel the same way, I'm holding off my vote for now...

Comment

I'd really like more information on work ethic and character. Foreign Minister can't screw much up unless one is lazy.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Jdd, he has proven himself to be a good leader, active, and with a burning desire to fill this roll
              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Two good candidates. But jdd have more experience, IMHO.
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas
                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

I will not deny that Jdd has been a member of the Civ 3 demo game for longer than I have. However, I feel that there are many logical reasons to vote for me:
                  1. As Foreign Affairs Minister it will be my job to help advise the president on matters of state. I promise to work with the President, without rancor or any partisan fighting.
                  2. In deciding what course of action to take whenever a crisis emerges, I will carefully examine our options, and go for the one with the best, long term positive effects. or if need be, with the least, negative long term effects. Here is a hypothetical situation:

The war with France is only turns away. Apolytonian archers have met up with the lead swordsmen, elements of OPD gambit, and are preparing to strike. Then, out of nowhere, Ninot, upon ending his turn, is shocked to find the Germans are demanding most of our gold! (or else). Knowing Bismark, we can conclude that there is only one possibilty if we refuse the German "offer", Ninot asks his FM what to do.

So ask yourself, whom do we want counseling Ninot on what our next move is to be?

A hawk, or a pragmatist?

I will leave the rest up to you.

P.S. This is a very possible situation. I haven't played a game of Civ 3 yet where I haven't had the Germans attack me at some point, and often more than once.
                  2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
                  Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

Comment

Ah, yes, I was wondering how long before someone tried to imply that because jdd is a hawk, he would be an irrational warmongering psychopath. 8 posts. Not bad, though I lost that bet, I had it at 4...
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

haha, i had it at 10, so i guess i win.

UnOrthodOx is one of the demo games most level headed people, so he cant be a hawk, right? wrong. so that destroys your stereotype straight off.

*Strength and Honor!*

Comment

Well, I had to try sometime...

This does bring up a valid point though.
                        Why are you a Hawk(as in a member of that party)?
                        Perhaps you could clarify that for some of us?

Comment

i joined the hawks because i agreed with the views on expansion and war, but the the party has changed a lot since i became the second member, and i have changed with it.

now, why havent you joined a party?

*Strength and Honor!*

Comment

Good question. to tell you the truth I am not sure...
                            Perhaps it is my distrust of real parties...
                            Also I am still not fully up to date about what each one stands for. I suspect that there is little divergence at this point, despite the different names. After the coming war with France, then I expect some real differences.

Comment

Fascinating. Not a single person has voted on this poll for the last 24 hours or so it seems. Not a good sign...

Comment

Working...
                              X