No announcement yet.

anyone else want to slow down a bit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No opinion either way. I see both sides.

Once school season starts up, there will be a lot fewer people hanging around, so am tempted to get as far as fast as possible.

It is nice however to sit down, plan out a stratagy, and then impliment it.
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

the people have spoken!

turnchats will be more spaced out during this peacetime

as for the hours, i dont know how i could change those....

But, for turnchats coming up in the very immediate future, like i said, my system is corrupt-like, so im reformatting my system today it looks like. If Timeline shows up, it gets done, if he doesnt, then its a no-go. its unfortunate, but i should be back and running by wednesday or thursday, unless i find out i have a hardware problem

but i suppose slowing down is the order of the day, so it will be followed.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

that is an excellent point, GK, about school. we should keep our current pace. its quite exciting now...

Comment

Could the turntheards idea be pursued further?
          A citizen of the first Civ 3 democracy game
          A member of the Apolytonia War Academy

Comment

AFAIK, we haven't even tried turnchats yet.

Comment

Yeah, I liked the Two chats and two threads. Well, sure made it easier on us reporters, anyway.
              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Fast pace = exciting for those immersed in the game (veterans).
                Fast pace = a turnoff for someone who casually wants to follow the game, but comes back a week later and finds out that we've fought a whole war and are already moving towards another.

This is one of the reasons why we have a negative population change lately.

Comment

less veterans, more casual followers, make your own conclusions!
                  A citizen of the first Civ 3 democracy game
                  A member of the Apolytonia War Academy

Comment

You realize, of course, that 'veterans' make up about 20 - 30 people here. That's not hardly anything. If you drive of all those other 220 some odd people, that will certainly make the game fun.

Besides, we shouldn't be actively looking for ways to exclude people from the game. That comment gets a .

Comment

Im not a "veteran" (only been here since right before the war) but I plan on following this game more than once a week. I think most people are somewhere in the middle of Trip's dichotomy but his conclusions are right on.

Comment

Yes, slow down. I can see a fast paced war but now there's no logical reason for a turnchat every other day. I say go back to turnthreads.
                        If you are unable to read this you are illiterate.

Comment

I agree slow down.

I was away for a week, and I'm completely lost.

Comment

I can no longer keep up with this pace, if we do not slow down and let me catch up, I may be forced to leave. I do have a life outside of this demo game, and it is more important to me. Ninot, in this post you said you would slow, but I see you scheduled yet another chat for Thursday! Again a two day chat. It is TOO MUCH. I am a patient person, but I also have limits.
                            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Ok. If playing at this pace means we don't get the Gazette, then WE HAD BETTER SLOW DOWN. I LIVE for the Gazette

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                                I can no longer keep up with this pace, if we do not slow down and let me catch up, I may be forced to leave. I do have a life outside of this demo game, and it is more important to me. Ninot, in this post you said you would slow, but I see you scheduled yet another chat for Thursday! Again a two day chat. It is TOO MUCH. I am a patient oerson, but I also have limits.
                                the thursday chat was because personally, i wont be available Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and possibly Monday.

And I know Timeline cant play turnchats on weekends

so it was either Thursday, or some time in the middle of next week

take your pick.
                                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Working...
                                X