anyone else want to slow down a bit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else want to slow down a bit?

Come on, every other day? What happened to the turnthreads? We had a few quickly played chats, and that was good. HOWEVER they were played with a firm and widely accepted plan in place. Slow down a bit and let us hash out another plan. Right now we are even debating a general course of action, war or peace, let it be discussed, or is the cabinet anxious to move ahead before such organizations as the War Academy come with more plans, is the current admin eager to carry out their own agenda's?
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

I completely agree. SLOW DOWN.

Comment

We don't play that many turns for each chat. The later turns will take even more time. I believe if anything we should go faster.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I agree with UnOrthOdOx :
        Ninot's decision to make many turnchats until the end of the Great Leap Forward was good, because we needed this to make the game interesting again.

However, now, we don't know what to do for sure. Attacking the French immediately or not is harshly discussed, and we need some time to find a strategy which will please us all. I think we need one day more before next turnchat( and BTW, I think MWIA can attend to Wednesday turnchats )
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I Have to agree with Unortho, especially since I have been away for awhile and still don't know what happened in this unnamed war of ours. I'm guessing that we won, in six turns. Definatelly have to slow down a bit, will make it so that everybody gets the chance to be more aware of what is happening. Even if its only me that needs some time to catch up, I strongly advise it.

Comment

I give Spiffer's post a big thumbs up

I agree that Ninot made a great call, and has been keeping things going along nicely, but now, we should slow down a bit to decide where we are going.

Alot has changed in just the last week, after all.

Comment

So we keep a pace... just not a fast one..

Comment

I cna't follow whats happening anyway!
                Victory for Asphinxia!!

Comment

well, i'm glad we played out the war, we've been waiting for that for some time. But now, we should take a breather and consider what our next plan is. we can still have turnchats and play a few turns, but please don't start any major plans in motion (i.e. war!) before we get some consensus.

specifically, I'm still not sure France is the best bet to attack and yet so many are acting as though that were already determined. If not for those damn hoplites, I'd say let's clip Greece. Also, I think the Germans are far more aggressive and may be a greater threat than the French. Still... the French land is good and we will need more luxuries...

besides, we need to give UnOrthO time to compose his next paper.
                  Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                  Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                  Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                  Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

I would like to slow down alittle too. Thr turnchat tomorrow and one friday would be fine. Of course to be honest, I will be gone next week and don't want the war to happen without me.. Still a slower pace to plan our future would be wise so we don't do something we can't undo. Though from looking at the threads war with france has overwelming approval.
                    Aggie
                    The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Ninot heard the people and picked up the pace to launch the war. Now a slow down would be appropriate, I agree. We've got some fun strategizing to do. And we should take time to savor the victory over America.
                      aka, Unique Unit
                      Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                        BTW, I think MWIA can attend to Wednesday turnchats
                        Not if it's 1600 EST/2100 GMT (on Wednesday) as is usual. And this week events conspire to prevent me from even being there for long at the Tuesday one.

One day I'm sure I'll make it, Spiffor. One day...
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Yes. Slow down. 2 turnchats a week are enough. Some people have a life beyond Civ3, erm, at least I have heard rumors about this.

Comment

at least I have heard rumors about this.
                            It's just a rumor, Sir Ralph.

I don't mind the pace now, but I probably won't be able to follow so well once I have actual work to do.
                            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

If we keep up the pace, our military plans won't be able to go into effect until they're outdated. Remember, polls must go on for THREE DAYS.

Comment

Working...
                              X