No announcement yet.

Presidential Election: Voters List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MWIA: I know of at least 4 others on Tass's list that are also members. That brings it down to 29.

Comment

the question is: am i a member? i post, i read. i voted (sometimes). but im not registered (well, in fact i even do the census polls here).
      and i think maybe im just an example.
      since the discussion started, i decided to not vote any more, to not heat up discussion or being victim of an investigation.

(call me foreign worker or alien employee or legal alien or something)
      Hean of the UN delegation ofFANATIKA

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!

Comment

All you have to do to become a member is reply to a single thread and say 'me too'. I don't think that restriction is too tough.

We don't need the results minus the false voters, because we have a stable presidency right now. What this DOES show is our need to change the process in the future.

Comment

There is no law in our Code of Laws that states that you have to be a member to vote. Therefore the votes of the non-members are just as valid as of the members. If you want this to change, better make an amendment and get some support for it.

Comment

Epi:
            so why were the votes uncovered at all? we knew how many non-members voted cause markg stated the numbers.
            so there must have been tries to calculate the real result out of the bogus result. otherwise this effort was useless.
            werent there voices stating the election was not valid? now where are they to request the corrected result?

this whole fuzz was useless in my opinion.
            Hean of the UN delegation ofFANATIKA

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!

Comment

disorganized-- yes it was pretty useless beyond the numbers, this just put names to the unknown voters. We can see if they stick around, and how active these people actually are. There is no way that the election will be changed now. This knowledge is simply to reinforce the need for reform.

Papa Chubby-- Your assumption that anything that is not said to be illegal is legal is a debate hundreds of years old. It's can be dangerous to apply it.

Comment

Well, we can see who it was, and we know who it wasn't (perhaps more importantly).

The important bit is that we know. We can judge for ourselves whether the non citizens were mostly new and were overlooking the join thread, or were OT trollers and likely up to mischief (doesn't seem so).
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I am completely at a loss to understand why we are having all this controversy about non-member votes. I agree with PC:

Originally posted by Papa Chubby
                  There is no law in our Code of Laws that states that you have to be a member to vote. Therefore the votes of the non-members are just as valid as of the members. If you want this to change, better make an amendment and get some support for it.
                  It has been said elsewhere that posting/voting eases people into the game.

Sorry, but MarkG's post doesn't help unless we have both:

(a) a definitive member-list

(b) an indication of how the votes were cast by non-members

I really do believe that we should accept the result as valid. The whole question members vs non-members is futile.
                  Diderot was right!
                  Our weapons are backed with UNCLEAR WORDS!
                  Please don't go, the drones need you.

Comment

Huh?

I remember that when I became interested in this, we had only 40 or so members....

Why has no body written me down is beyond me.

I have the 5th post on the memberlist thread too.

Comment

Actually more like 15th.

Ah damn. I forgot to officially join.

But hey - I made a newspaper and a site. Doesn't that count?

Comment

Yes Siro, in your case it does (in my mind).
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                        X