Amendment: Integration of Minister of Economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amendment: Integration of Minister of Economy

This Amendment will remove the Minister of Trade and Minister of Finance sections of our Code of Laws, and replace it with this:

Minister of Economy:

The Minister of Economy ensures our nation's commercial market progresses smoothly and efficiently. This officer advises the people and President on the budget of our nation and is the principle authority on all international trade involving currency and resources.

This Minister must approve any and all trades involving Gold, Luxuries, and Strategic Resources before they may be carried out. The Minister of Economy is also directly responsible for managing the Tax and Luxury sliders.

Trade Embargos must first be approved by both the Minister of Economy and Foreign Affairs Minister before they may be enforced.
    Also, to maintain constitutional coherency, the Minister of Foreign Affairs section will be reworded to the following:

Minister of Foreign Affairs:

This minister is given the power to enter into diplomatic negotiations with other countries, however should refrain from making commitments until approved by the people.

The Foreign Advisor is granted the power to make peace, accept Mutual Protection Pacts, offer Right of Passage Agreements, and forge Military Alliances.

The exchange of all items, except Luxury, Gold, or Strategic resources falls on the broad shoulders of the Foreign Affairs Minister. It is, however, strongly recommended that the Foreign Affairs Minister consults with other ministers whose office may be affected by such trades.

This Minister is required to consult the Minister of Economy when Luxury, Gold, or Strategic resources are involved in a trade.

Trade Embargos must first be approved by both the Minister of Economy and Foreign Affairs Minister before they may be enforced.
    Poll Expires in 3 Days
    Yea
    65.52%
    Nay
    27.59%
    Abstain
    6.90%

The poll is expired.

No use leaving it outdated. In fact, was a poll really necessary for this?

Comment

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

At least this way I can be cursed for polling the people and asking them what they think, rather than being accused of pursuing a personal agenda or exhibiting despotic tendencies, or something or other.

Comment

Ermm... being that's what amendments are for, this would only ruin the original document. If we can liberally 'replace' sections of the Constitution instead of simply make amendments, then things previously may be omitted, and other unplanned chaotic things arise...

In fact, this isn't really even Constitutional... the Constitution can only be amended, not edited.

Comment

Who says?

We make the rules here, we can do whatever we want.

Besides, this isn't a constitution, it's a Code of Laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Edrix
            No use leaving it outdated. In fact, was a poll really necessary for this?
            Absolutely. We shouldn't take changing the code of laws lightly, I mean it may just be something minner now, and something miner tomarrow, and before you know it the Administration has completely changed the code 'o laws with out civilian approval. Call me paranoid, but I'll just admitt that I am. Besides, little changes like this won't take much flak, if any, and these changes could be put into an effect shortly. Good call Timeline.

Kman
            "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
            - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
            Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Timeline
              Who says?

We make the rules here, we can do whatever we want.

Besides, this isn't a constitution, it's a Code of Laws.
              What!? How speaketh thou this blaphemy? The Code of Laws is fundamentally the same thing as a constitution, most even refer to it as the Constitution. I'm with Trip on this one. And no, you don't make the rules here, the citizenry makes the rules here. We are a direct democracy and should be run as such. I have only read parts of the Code of laws, but I am certain it must specify how things are changed, may it be an ammendment or some other method. And we must follow what the document says, honor its words, or it becomes worthless. If the code of laws becomes worthless, then no one would respect it and chaos would arise. Anarchy. My mortal enemy.I won't have it.

Kman
              Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

I think the ammendment is fine by the way.

Comment

KMan, se already have an amendment, check the first and only amendment at the bottom of the Constitution.

Amendments:
                  Amendments to this Constitution can be submitted by any member of our nation. An amendment is passed and made official by a 2/3 or greater vote on the amendment's inclusion.
                  The definition of the word 'amendment' is: "The The process of formally altering or adding to a document or record."
                  Also notice the wording of the statement: "inclusion".
                  If this replaces anything, then it is unconstitutional.

Comment

THIS WAS ALREADY DONE!!!

We must preserve the original document to ensure that some unethical President in the Future does not alter it to his hearts desire. ADD to it to change the meaning, do not replace. Ugh, see more of my opinon in your other "amendment" thread. I'm too pissed to repeat here.
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Im making a quick second ammendment that states everything in the Foreign Minister's stuff that refers to the Trade minister is hereby changed to reflect upon the Economy minister, good?
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                        KMan, se already have an amendment, check the first and only amendment at the bottom of the Constitution.

The definition of the word 'amendment' is: "The The process of formally altering or adding to a document or record."
                        Also notice the wording of the statement: "inclusion".
                        If this replaces anything, then it is unconstitutional.
                        What? I don't understand why you are telling me this. Perhaps you misunderstood something that I said? I know what an amendment is, I may go to public school, but Im not slow...

Comment

Originally posted by Kramerman

What!? How speaketh thou this blaphemy? The Code of Laws is fundamentally the same thing as a constitution, most even refer to it as the Constitution. I'm with Trip on this one. And no, you don't make the rules here, the citizenry makes the rules here. We are a direct democracy and should be run as such.

Kman
                          Whoa whoa, calm down please sir .

First, when I said *we* make the laws, that's exactly what I meant, WE make the laws. That means all of us.

We all decide weather we wish to create long and drawn-out documents, or clear and efficient ones.

Second, it is called a Code of Laws, and yes, you are right, many call it a Constitution. But, this is *our* constitution, and we can make it into anything we desire.

I am just saying it's best to keep it simple and concise. Easy to understand and to follow.

The people voted for a limited constitution, not a long drawn out and confounded document.
                          Last edited by Timeline; July 20, 2002, 00:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Kramerman
                            What? I don't understand why you are telling me this. Perhaps you misunderstood something that I said? I know what an amendment is, I may go to public school, but Im not slow...
                            No, what I meant was that we already have an amendment for this, so you supporting this one is a non-factor.

The definition stuff was in response to Linney saying that nothing said we couldn't erase things in the Constitution.

Comment

ok, well then. I misunderstood everything. I didn't realize we already had this ammendment. Though the poll at the top saying ' shall we adopt this ammendment' and people saying they should just change it (which I interpreted as passing what I thought was an ammendment without public consent) and Timeline didn't need a poll was all kinda misleading. I apologize.

Comment

Working...
                              X