I have to leave again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to leave again...

on the 28th (a sunday). I would suggest that we just have EmperorMagnus take my place unless someone else really wanted to run against him, but he has not been active. ANyone interested in having the position after I leave?

Oh jeez.. we should just reschedule the elections so that you go away during campaigning, come back to win andplay your term, and then elections come up intime for you to go away again.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

if emperormagnus hadn't disappeeared there would be no problem

Comment

I'm willing to take the position, but I just installed the 1.29 patch, and there might be a problem with that.

Comment

no, htere shouldnt. Only people who plan on being president or wnat to play along have to stick with 1.21

Comment

To be honest, I would be ashamed to run for an office, if I knew before, that I can not do my job the full term.

Comment

yeah, i know, that's why at first i didnt want to run. But timeline convinced me that there would be no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
                yeah, i know, that's why at first i didnt want to run. But timeline convinced me that there would be no problem.
                That'll teach you to listen to him ever again.

Comment

And this is why I stubbornly abstained from that vote. I have full confidence in you, civman, just don't like having replacements chosen and not voted for...
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I say post here if you want the position. Then we have another vote like last month like we had with IE minister and VP. Just my 0.02
                    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Yes, there needs to be a vote.

Comment

If its Timeline's fault now, whose fault was it last time?

Can the banana take this position, or is he on vacation this month?
                        Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                        "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

I think that this needs to be addressed. If one KNOWS they are not going to be around, they should not be allowed to run, or should have a running mate who will take their place when they DO leave. This will prevent much confusion down the road. Unexpected leaves will happen, but the President currently has power to appoint an emergency Minister to oversee that. Do I sense another amendment? Or I may be the only one who feels strongly on this.

As far as Timeline convincing someone to run, this is one of the areas where partisan politics can become a detriment. Was he more interested in the well-being of Apolytonia, or the DIA having another position? As I see it, civman was the best for the job, so I would trust that this is what Timeline was for, but IMO civman should have been disqualified for not being able to be around.

In all fairness to civman, though, he did not hide this during the election, he openly admitted he would not be around and was still voted in.

(just a note to civman: it took great restraint from my education and habits, but I managed not to capitolize the 'c' )
                          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I agree there should be a vote. I was just thinking unless there are two people who really want the position it would be less time-consuming to let the person who wants it more have it.

Comment

Oh yes, of course it is my fault that we will be left without a science advisor soon! And it is civman’s fault he must leave also, obviously! And the people, how could they ever have elected such a person?!

These statements above that I have just made are absurd and ridiculous. Everyone knew 2 things when going into this election:

1: civman2000 was the best person for the job
                              and 2: He would have to go soon

If you will remember, I made the following post on this subject:

“If, once elected, you want to appoint a deputy advisor, such as EmperorMagnus, that would be fine. The elected President could then allow him to take over once you leave (with a confirmation poll), thereby keeping everything moving smoothly.”

Now, this is a somewhat outdated statement, and there are now laws that can guide us here:

From CoL, regarding Resignations,
                              “The President shall establish an emergency member to take his/her place until a new election can be held, and a new person voted into office to finish the term.”

I suggest civman2000 steps down when he is ready to go, President Ninot selects someone to temporarily take the position (myself, Jonny, or anyone els willing), and then we should hold a quick election, consisting of two or more candidates, and that’s that.

Pretty painless and solves our problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X