No announcement yet.

New Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll is up: it's part of the Bill of Rights amendment. If article 7 wins, it is clear that we do not have the president patch. If it loses, i think it's safe to say that constitutionally, ninot can patch. If he still doesnt want to because even though not 67% want to restrict patching he does, he's also free to do that.

Comment

I support the 75%, and as was pointed out earlier, if any use Macs, then they deserve to be counted as well. Esp. since I saw this at CFC:

MacSoft's Nate Birkholz visited the forum yesterday and assured Mac civers that MacSoft will investigate all the possibilities before deciding whether to port the 1.29f patch to the Mac or not.
      No decisions have been made yet as to what will happen with 1.29f on the Mac. Until we have had a chance to see the patch and discuss all the ramifications with Brad and Westlake as well as with Firaxis, we won't know what happens next. We appreciate the interest everyone is taking in this, and we will definitely take that into consideration as we go forward. Please give us a little time to investigate all the possiblities.

There may or may not be a Mac 1.29f.

Comment

Don't generalize. I live in Europe and have the standard version of the game.

Patch it!
        Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Originally posted by kring
          I support the 75%, and as was pointed out earlier, if any use Macs, then they deserve to be counted as well. Esp. since I saw this at CFC:

MacSoft's Nate Birkholz visited the forum yesterday and assured Mac civers that MacSoft will investigate all the possibilities before deciding whether to port the 1.29f patch to the Mac or not.
          No decisions have been made yet as to what will happen with 1.29f on the Mac. Until we have had a chance to see the patch and discuss all the ramifications with Brad and Westlake as well as with Firaxis, we won't know what happens next. We appreciate the interest everyone is taking in this, and we will definitely take that into consideration as we go forward. Please give us a little time to investigate all the possiblities.

There may or may not be a Mac 1.29f.
          Yes....however, does this mean we must play all future democracy games on Civ3 (not PTW) 1.21F?
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I'm sorry i have to keep saying this (but it's not going to stop me ).

If any of this is wrong, please tell me, but i don't think it is.

Currently:

We are playing PC english version 1.21f.

If you are playing Mac version 1.21f, our save is not compatible!

If you are playing PC french version 1.21f, our save is not compatible!

If you are playing PC german version 1.21f, our save is not compatible!

If you are playing PC english version 1.21f, it doesn't matter whether you are in the US, Europe, Asia, Australasia or Antartica, it is the same version and you can patch.

Anyone who is playing along with our save at the moment, is playing PC English version 1.21f (or higher), and therefore can patch or has patched. Anyone who's patch is not yet available, cannot play our save anyway.

The only issue i see here, is the possible unusual effects mentioned in playing a save in 1.29 that was started in 1.21.

Comment

Originally posted by Kramerman
              People who have the game, in say France, have a French version of the game. For some reason the programming is diffrent, I guess, becuase typically differnt versions are not compatible with each other. In other words, the U.S. patch probably would cause a French or German game to crash if they tried to run it with their French or German version.
              Kman
              I can confirm that. Patching say, a French copy of the game with the US patch would result in corruption of dat files and possibly the binary as well. This is because these files are slightly different than the US versions of them but the patch can't tell, as far as it knows it's "replace letter A in location 1,386 with letter C, replace..." etc'.
              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

But it doesn't matter because they can't run our save now either!

Comment

How about a poll on this?
                  Diderot was right!
                  Our weapons are backed with UNCLEAR WORDS!
                  Please don't go, the drones need you.

Comment

Proserpine :
                    We don't know about the majority we need yet. Don't forget every person who says "no" is ****ed. We can't solve this with a mere 51% majority.
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Please patch before the American War ..! We need to all have the same results!
                      Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

BFM : I play the Demogame with 1.21 version, and I have a 1.29 version somewhere ele on my harddrive. I put a no-cd crack on the 1.21, and it works flawlessly. I can play the version I want.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                        X