War Academy: Production After Case Teal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Academy: Production After Case Teal

case teal's (originally pink) production queue is nearing an end.

in 6 turns, apolyton shall have finished 2 spearmen for the main stack, and it's part of case pink is done with. the turn after, Termia finishes an archer, and it's queue is also empty.

assuming the road network is completed by the time the last archer is built in termina, it will take an additional 3 turns for the archer to reach the rest of the stack.

The entire attack force, 6 archers and 2 spearmen, will be ready to move out in a total of 10 turns.

We must turn our attention towards the production queues for the cities now.

Possible Objectives
    • Secondary (replenishing) Army
    • Colonization of coquered lands (Settlers)
    • Exploring Uber Isle (Galley)

Tassagrad and Banana HQ are building the much needed barracks. They should be allowed to finish.

I would like a second (smaller) army to be created after this, say 4 archers and 1 spearman. After we take Washigton, 1 spearmen and a few archers (maybe 1 or 2) will garrison, and the remaining army will charge New York. the smakller army would meet them and combine after NY falls.

Apolyton and Termina will be producig Spears/Archers every 4 turns at that point, so the small army would take 20 turns to raise, but probably less time, because HQ will have its barracks done by then.

I also suggest we factor in a galley somewhere. settlers could also be put in to fit... i have to go now and cant crunch the numbers.

discuss
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Should we not wait until the invasion of america, get mapmaking from the americans when they sue for peace, and build our galley then? We should not slow down our military production before the war, especially as it may be for nothing. Don't forget, we cannot safely traverse the sea, so we may need more than one galley to even reach the far coastline, and we definitely will to safely get a settler across, using Uber's idea.

This is copied from the new land thread.

Comment

I think keeping military production on the same level would be appropriate. If, for some reason, our attack on America fails, it would be nice (read: necessary) to have backup forces ready in the event of a counterattack. And if the attack is successful (as we're all hoping), we could use the new forces to help defend any new land we conquer/found.

Comment

We should replenish our army. If we are going to war then we should make sure we are very prepared for anything that may happen.
        For your photo needs:
        http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

The temptation, of course, is to say "all of the above."
          But we need to prioritize carefully.
          A lot will depend on how the first strike fares. If we take a lot of casualties, we will need to frantically build up a second military force capable of protecting our homeland and hopefully regaing the initiative.
          Assuming we do take Washington with only 2-3 casualties, my guess, looking over the map, will be that we would want to keep most of the surviving Washington assault team up north to blunt the American counterattack and keep American forces from concentrating south in or below NY. Which means, I think, that we still want to be pumping archers and 1 more spear. Until we sue for peace, I would stay focused on military production.
          That's my 2 bits, anyway.
          aka, Unique Unit
          Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

I agree with the overall sentiment shared by the previous posts, military production should not be halted before the conflict. Though we should leave room for 1, at least, settler to be built. So that we can simply throw him after the invasion force to build a city. We should also wait with aquiring Mapmaking, hoping to get it in the transaction with the Americans, assuming that everything goes as we want it to. Then we could build the Galley as we are prepering to invade the French.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Chubby
              Then we could build the Galley as we are prepering to invade the French.
              Maybe that's the real question here: once we've made peace with America, do we stay in total mobilization mode and move right to the French , or do we delay that attack long enough to be able to divert production for exploration and settlement of the New Land?
              aka, Unique Unit
              Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

Originally posted by Robber Baron
                Maybe that's the real question here: once we've made peace with America, do we stay in total mobilization mode and move right to the French , or do we delay that attack long enough to be able to divert production for exploration and settlement of the New Land?
                The sentiments in this thread sum up the plans for a possible second war with France. Waiting just long enough to get one settler/galley/spearman trio shouldn't take TOO long, and we could probably get them going before the French get too far ahead of us.

Comment

We should build 2nd and 3rd Armies, as per my post in the Plan Jackal thread. We should also build a Settler and 2-3 Galleys for the Uber Gambit.

Comment

Would it not simply be a waste of resourcess to build such an overkill of such ancient units, essentially deplorable attackers. I thought we were going to go with 2 armies, 2 spearmen 4-5 Archers. I think I read somewhere that that is what UberKraux demands as the minimum task force. After building up the army we could devote more cities to building settlers and galleys and improvements.....etc.

Comment

Just a small point.
                      I think a few more workers will be needed if we don't capture any from the americanas.
                      Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Chubby
                        Would it not simply be a waste of resourcess to build such an overkill of such ancient units, essentially deplorable attackers. I thought we were going to go with 2 armies, 2 spearmen 4-5 Archers. I think I read somewhere that that is what UberKraux demands as the minimum task force. After building up the army we could devote more cities to building settlers and galleys and improvements.....etc.
                        the 2 armies was trip's plan eagle. i have stated time and time again that we do not have time to build two large armies.

we are going to attack washington with 2 spears and 6 archers. we will only lose 1 or 2 archers on the assault (bananna willing).

the remaining units will garrison washington until everyone is healed.

in the meantime (while the units are healing) i'd like a smaller army to be built up (1 spear and 3 archers MINIMUM). this army would attack NY along with the main stack and combine after it falls.

the way i see it, their capital will probably be boston. from what we see, Philly is all jungle, and NY will probably also be mostly jungle. the capital might escape to Boston after Washington falls, and if it escapes to NY, it will definately be Boston after we take NY.

after that, we sweep back and raze Philly, leavig them with Boston (and any cities they build in the future).

This leaves us with a decent parcel of land we could colonize. we will need settlers shortly after our secod army is up, to colonize the area near philly, ad to secure the dyes/iron to our north.

i fear persia and germany are also looking at that area, so we need to get there fast.

the galley can wait a little, but mind you, it has to be done sooner rather than later.
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

I didn't suggest waiting for 2nd and 3rd Armies, just that we build them. They would be necessary if we decide to declare war on France after America.

Comment

Arvher Armies won't be useful for much longer.

Comment

Just my opinion for submittal to the War Accademy.. France would not be the most juicy target after a war on America, thats MHO. I personally think we should consider Persia, if anyone.
                              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Working...
                              X