Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoudl trade be allowed to be done between turnchats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggie
    I would like to start a poll for this issue.
    it would state
    Trading can be conducted between turnchats or turnthreads, if there is a general consenus that such a trade be made. Any ideas/additions etc.
    Aggie
    although i am no longer the FAM ...
    id like to point out that the FAM should have no hinderance of his plans. Thus, he should not have to poll on every trade he or she commits to.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Yes he should, though he can post polls on sets of trades if we're going to be tech-whoring.

Comment

We've been over this time and again, Ministers are elected so that the public is not bothered over every matter.

the FAM, or any other minister, should and will not have any hinderance unless it is of a matter that does concern the public immeadiately, such as a war.

Comment

Ninot, this in no way hinders the FAM, it simply allows him to do his job, where there is huge concensus, between turns as well. Mainly I want to avoid 30min of trading during turnchat if at all possible. Since trades, out of necessity, take time and research. I believe this power already exist I just want to make sure the people approve. Here is how I envision it. Example:
          We set up forum, trade for mapmaking is announced for 195.
          Then the next options are mentioned until all trades are completed.
          Aggie
          The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Aggie, i completely agree this is a good move, my only point of opposition was that there should be absolutely nothing FORCING the FAM to make poll's unless its for the speacialties like war.

Comment

Make the poll Aggie

Ninot, I don't think you have to worry. In strict language, the COL (Constitution) says ministers do not have to poll, nor do they have to listen to poll results. The term "general consensus" is vague enough not to be a substantial threat to the FAM's discretionary powers in trading. But if it makes you feel better, Aggie, could you reword it to indicate that the FAM has final say? (We can always impeach the FAM if we're outraged enough. )
              Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
              Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
              Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
              Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

Working...
              X