Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoudl trade be allowed to be done between turnchats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoudl trade be allowed to be done between turnchats?

A great idea from Aggie and Uber in the July 14th turnchat thread that deserves to be highlighted in its own thread:

thats a good point... should trades be allowed to be done BETWEEN turnchats? that could also apply to changing pruduction of cities etc.

basically, like Civ2 MP, during the time when it wasnt ure turn you could do a lot of stuff. we should be able to.

this will help a lot when i comes to a later age. with 50-100 units moving around, the last thing we need are trades ad city improvements wasting time during turnchats
    What do you think?

If there's enough interest, let's do it. Or put it to a poll.
    Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
    Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
    Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
    Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Yes. Why not? Not like we need everyone around in Real-time to watch, we can just announce what's been done.

Comment

I think a full turn could be played outside of the official chat, and then just dump the laundry list, or give the latest save to each, explaining what has happened.

This goes with the way I see turn threads-- One turn between each turn chat, through threads, officially tied up before the next chat starts.

Comment

This is a great idea! It will save us a lot of time. We should have a poll on this because this is a democracy even though there shouldn't be any objections.
        For your photo needs:
        http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

I also agree : I devised the 2 techwhoring projects so far, and I can tell you it takes some time (1 hour for the first project, about 20 minutes for the second)
          I've already done this in my 2 plans (after reading a wide acceptance) : I actually buy the techs before the president does, only to know what the precise selling prices will be.

Playing ahead to some extent for ministers will be needed shortly. However, once the ministers played a move ahead, they should order this move to the Prez no matter what
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
            Yes. Why not? Not like we need everyone around in Real-time to watch, we can just announce what's been done.
            the only problem with this is that in july 14ths turnchat, we had something like 10 turns performed. There are GOOD odds that a good trade will come up once or twice in those ten turns.. we cant wait till turnchats end to start making deals, some have to be made in the middle of the turnchats, as long as the turnchat is 1 turn or more.
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Ninot this would just be supplemental to those trades that could be done during turnchats. Also I have a question(unrelated but I don't want to start a thread just for it), is there any reason that the turn threads only play one turn. Once all minsters posted, could the turn be played. Then the save could be posted and ministers could send orders and so on. Just an idea
              Aggie
              The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Aggie : your idea is good. But turnthreads have never been tried before, in any DemoGame. That's why we have to experiment them first, to know if we can have more turns. Maybe they could even be worthy enough to comletely replace turnchats when too many things have to be done there ?
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Definitely to the idea of techwhoring between turns, so long as democratic process is preserved (Sheik's right, we should have a poll on this).
                  aka, Unique Unit
                  Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

This would save a LOT of time.

Comment

yes

Comment

A good idea, as long as the public is always aware of what is being done. Just in case that the ministers try to slip something past the population, of course it looks like we will have judges to deal with cases like that.

Comment

Sure, or at least the deals reviewed and planned, so when the next turnchat starts, the trades can be done right off the bat.
                          Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                          "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

i'm in favor of it, but thats not to say that ALL trades have to be preformed in between them. The foriegn minister could look for trades during the turnchat and tell people when they find a good one.
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I would like to start a poll for this issue.
                              it would state
                              Trading can be conducted between turnchats or turnthreads, if there is a general consenus that such a trade be made. Any ideas/additions etc.
                              Aggie
                              The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Working...
                              X