Election: Minister of Science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election: Minister of Science

This is the election for our Minister of Science.

Query:
    Who should be our next Minister of Science?

Candidates:
    EmperorMagnus(UFC)
    civman2000 (DIA)
    JvdB2002 (IND)

End:
    5 Days, July 16th 2002
    EmperorMagnus (UFC)
    29.76%
    civman2000 (DIA)
    63.10%
    JvdB2002 (IND)
    7.14%

The poll is expired.

Abstain.

EDIT:

Might as well give a reason. Civman's platform is a bit vague and i never heard a word from the IND.

what knowledge path do you recommend? (UFC said dive for republic)
    Last edited by Inverse Icarus; July 12, 2002, 18:23.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Civman's platform is a bit vague
      1. DO NOT CAPITALIZE THE "c"!!
      2. http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=55530
      3. I say we should go for republic, but that may be pretty far off at our current science rate (0) and, as I mentioned in my campaign last month, my opinions are not very important, I do what the people want to do.

Comment

Mental note: never EEEVVVEEERRR capitolize the 'c'........
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

ok, 2 people lost my votes so far, and unless JvdB2002 sways me i'm abstaining.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I never forget a funny man...

Kman
            "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
            - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
            Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
              ok, 2 people lost my votes so far, and unless JvdB2002 sways me i'm abstaining.
              Never mind Uber, it's not like one vote will make the difference anyway..
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Well, the campaign thread didn't answer any questions, apart from civman2000, who said he wouln't be able to complete half his term, so I am going with Uber and abstaining unless I hear more policies from EmperorMagnus or JvdB2002 because I can't vote for someone who cannot finish his term.
                A citizen of the first Civ 3 democracy game
                A member of the Apolytonia War Academy

Comment

I agree completely with Uber and Will.
                  Abstain.
                  Alea iacta est!

Comment

EmperorMagnus is on vacation till the 13th, so cannot answer questions, this is all we have:

Unlike war, which must be carefully planned, I believe science is a here and now sort of thing. If elected minister of science, I will focus on what we need at the moment. Work on a skyscraper can not begin if the foundation is unfinished. If we focus on the present rather than the future, we will be able to make better use of our advances later down the road. If elected, I favor a beeline to the republic in order to boost our science and economy, followed by military research spree. Decimate America to the point of extinction, then offer peace in exchange for every tech they have plus some gtp
                    That being said, while confident in civman's abilities, I cannot vote for someone who won't/can't finish the term, and need answers from the other candidates, so abstain.
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Timeline, this is why I was hesitant about running!

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
                        Timeline, this is why I was hesitant about running!
                        LOL. Yes I see that.

I would hate to think you are incapable of doing the job here civman, but that is simply not the case.

The DIA has nominated you because you are the most qualified person for this job. If, once elected, you want to appoint a deputy advisor, such as EmperorMagnus, that would be fine. The elected President could then allow him to take over once you leave, thereby keeping everything moving smoothly.

This shouldn't be a problem, and as an experianced member of government, you would be the best person to oversee things and lead us in the area of science.

Comment

This is not the place or time to discuss advisors and thier uses. Plus, you know my feelings on this Timeline...this is the exact situation I was talking of...or could become so, anyway...

The very fact that the one VOTED upon is not the one who will FINISH should be taken into consideration. civman MAY be the most qualified, hard to tell with Magnus gone and nary a word from Jvd, but his absence for a substantial time is worth considering.
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Not much of a choice then is it?

All I am saying is that through the use of assistants, we can maximize our leaders, and get the best out of all of them.

Comment

And whether those assistants sould be allowed to take control of thier Ministers position in his absence is something that should be voted upon, not assumed. That is all I am saying.

Assistants to help report are a great idea, to run the position without public say is another matter.

edit: typo city
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                              X