Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UberKruX
    thats exactly what we did... no one joined the room though
    That´s reeeeally strange considering the "advertisment" for that room was: All the ministers join the ministerschatroom (or whatever the name was)... if I knew I as a simple citizen could join that chatroom of the nobles i would... so shame on u guys ...

Murder the Goverment! Murder the goverment! Murder the Goverment... And theeeeen... do it again yeah! //Murder The Goverment - NOFX
    You saw what you wanted
    You took what you saw
    We know how you did it
    Your method equals wipe out

Comment

Does it really matter?

The way I see it...

We all get a the same save game. Lets face it there is only one official game, the one that the Prez is playing. We can easily play along and allow randomness to introduce some error, but the way things are going, I do not know if any one session will go so many turns that it would matter much. Maybe a little. But it does not matter. There is only one thing going on, the game the prez is playing. consider the rest battlefield rumors.

anyway...
      If the turnchat goes on too long. The prez can save the game and post it live for people to catch up with reality.
      Remember.... pillage first then burn.

Comment

you post-proposal would be good. especially when war arrises, as then the results of the random seed will fully show their potential of confusion ("use the 2nd warrior" "which one?" "of this one! it died 3 turns before"...).

to the chat-organization:
        what about having
        a) a citizen chatroom with full talking capability, where citizens can talk about that they want. the president also posts the descriptions for the turn there. citizen spot-polls are also held in there.
        b) a miniter-chatroom, where only ministers are voiced, but where every citizen can listen, but not talk? if a citizen requests being voiced for important information, the president can decide to let him have voice in there (so the pres and vice have to be ops).
        Hean of the UN delegation ofFANATIKA

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!

Comment

About playing along :
          the more I think of it, the more I think the Prez should post a save twice per turn. Once at the very beginning of the turn, so that ministers can think their decisions, once at the very end of the turn, so that ministers can make needed decisions in the interturn time (this involves mostly Foreign advisor, but the foreign advisor has to consult pretty everyone)

When things get more complex, it will be impossible for ministers to do their duties and play along at the same time. I think this solution is the most fit.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

There is no need to do that now....

We have had very problems with play along so far, maybe once we start ecnountering them more frequently we can start updating saves every turn.

For now, it's unnecessary and will just slow us down imho.

Comment

bans or kicks?

I am somewhat skeptical about bans and kicks:

Personally, I did not find the two chatrooms (actualy three, but what the hey) to bee too distracting. I am fine with one chatbox only for minister posting and one for the general public. The general public can look in on the ministers but can't post there.

On bans and kicks, Obviously, people who break certain basic rules (write in colors reserved for some [hey, we have sumptuary laws!], post in min. chatroom when they are not ministers and such shold be banned, though only for the remainder of chat) but I am unclear about the circumsances under which someone would be kicked out- what cosntitutes as spamming and does only the prez and VP ge to choose who is spamming?
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

i would oppose kicking or banning someone just for colors or posting in the wrong chatroom. as long as our administration does not care to moderate the ministery chatroom, this messure is nonsense. if they want citizens to silence, they should have the room moderated. if they dont know how, they should employ a full-time operator ;-) or chanserv.
                colors should not be reserved for anyone or for a special purpose, as i, for example, just turn them off anyways (this no-sense-stuff is lame as hell) and so dont care bout which color i send.
                Hean of the UN delegation ofFANATIKA

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!

Comment

Originally posted by disorganizer
                  but if yes, for how many turns does it pre-calculate? firaxis only sais that it is pre-calculating, but i did not find for how many "events" it holds the seeds.
                  hi ,

some argue that it depends , do you shut your comp off , restart , etc , actually there is no real answer for the moment , .....

maybe we should ask in a chat with Firaxis , ...

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I have to disagree with one point: 'moderated' might sometimes be needed. There might come a time when the chatroom is absolutely horded with individuals-- it just shouldn't be worded as to make it impossible to be done.

Another question is why DAL net? Why not one of the many games irc servers? Some belong to networks and have US and Europe hub. They are typically much easier to join then Dal, Ef, and Under net.

Comment

Originally posted by Epistax
                      I have to disagree with one point: 'moderated' might sometimes be needed. There might come a time when the chatroom is absolutely horded with individuals-- it just shouldn't be worded as to make it impossible to be done.

Another question is why DAL net? Why not one of the many games irc servers? Some belong to networks and have US and Europe hub. They are typically much easier to join then Dal, Ef, and Under net.
                      hi ,

it would be more intresting if the chat on this site would work as intended , .... this way more people shall also see and hear about the game , and join .

we should ask MarkG about the status of the chatroom here .

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                      X