America or France? Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi ,

we should get a bit more intel first , we know that the species called America has some intresting resources , maybe an other species with the name of France has some to , ....

, ones we start we could go after the two , ....
    anyone done some study on that , ....

have a nice day
    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I do agree that based on the latest intelligence america seems the best target. One thing we need to remember though is this, we won't know where iron is until we get iron working and if only one has iron that could be the deciding factor, of course maybe we'll get iron on our one little mountain.
      aggie
      The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

We should rename our civilization to "The Procrastinators"

be free

Comment

One more thing, by taking the American land, we automatically "squash" the french into the mountains.

I vote 100% on attacking the Americans, if they get too big to handle, we'll be the ones who get squashed. Let's be thankful there is jungle between them and us.

Iron can come later, we don't need it as much as we need territory.
          be free

Comment

Case Blue

Well, I agree with the majority that case Pink be changed to Case Blue to deal with the great Gringo threat from the north.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

It seems to attacking america would be a few turns(about 3 ) quicker, just due to to distance. am i correct in this calculation.
              Aggie
              The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

From what I see, America seems the probable target as of now. The issue now is whether or not to wipe them out, or to simply squish and vassalize them. I think we should just erase them, then beat France into the jungle (to clear it for us, no less ) afterwards.

Comment

I think France could become our best partner. Don't forget, after the war with America, th big threat to France and ourselve will be Greece (good lands, 5 cities already). I don't know if the Greeks will attack us or not, but we shouldn't exhaust the military of Notylopan area, if we don't want all Notylopa to become Greek (including ourselves)
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I say we go for America & see were it goes from there.
                    Know your enemies!
                    "Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!" ~ Dr. Strangelove

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py

Iron can come later, we don't need it as much as we need territory.

And if we get horses instead, those could be quite as useful...
                      Horsemen make fast, but moderate attackes, and with nice capabilities. If properly deployed in larger amounts, they succeed.

The general rule for mounted combat:
                      ------------------------------------------------
                      mount: Run and injure, move back, heal. next mount: scout, run and kill, move out of danger, heal. defender: march ahead, attacker follows, and so on...

Easy... Ok, I buried over 10 Russian swordsmen once, using this approach. Lost some too, but not as many as Ivan...
                      (and then I got the iron, mneheheee)
                      My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                        I think France could become our best partner. Don't forget, after the war with America, th big threat to France and ourselve will be Greece (good lands, 5 cities already).
                        Yeah, we want a (somewhat) strong France (pre-musketeer, at any rate) as a buffer against the Greeks.
                        aka, Unique Unit
                        Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

America sounds like a great target.

I wonder how many CIA operatives are reading this right now, deciding how many of us are threats?

Just to help them a bit...

Death to America...Our plan is already in motion...UberKruX shall lead us to victory over America

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                            America sounds like a great target.

I wonder how many CIA operatives are reading this right now, deciding how many of us are threats?

Just to help them a bit...

Death to America...Our plan is already in motion...UberKruX shall lead us to victory over America

But at least they'll be happy that the French invasion is planned....
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

If Spiffor goes ahead with his tech whoring plan, and everything goes smothly. We will have Iron Working soon, which in turn will help us decide which nation to attack in order to gain any strategic resourcess. Also I think we should attack the weakest of the two, not the one that might become powerfullin the future. We should pick of the one which will cause us the least amount of trouble, if it is the French then so be it. Also any plans about attacking the Greeks must be not be allowed to any further, because as Uber and some others have pointed out. The Greek Hoplites are simply put much too powerfull for us too handle, at least for now.

Comment

hi ,

, any way that we can provoke a couple wars between them , ....

and then move in to finish the job , ...

have a nice day
                                - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                                - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                                WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                                X