No announcement yet.

America or France? Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Greeks are north of the French, there might be good land there. Maybe we should take France as a stepping-stone.

Comment

Too true, well-spoken, Mr. Baron, and very true. America should be our target. Our President now believes it to be so that this dictator Lincoln sits atop a mass of good land, and with his expansionist policies, I believe that he will be able to accumulate good land at a very quick rate of speed if we do not act now. America must be taken down, that is the only way we can survive.

After studying the situation, I have come to the conclusion that France is technologically on par with our own civilization, as far as their own scientests are concerned. I believe that the technological chaps out there are target number one, the Americans. I believe that the French have received what they have that we do not through trading with the Yankees, and they are not simply French advances in technology. In that case, we are actually doing much better technologically than we at first theorized. Amazing stuff, techs.
      Empire growing,
      Pleasures flowing,
      Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

What are the Greeks like, technologically?

Comment

Well, sir, what I have heard is that they are also on par with our own people technology-wise. The sole advance that the Greeks have made that we have not is The Alphabet, but it seems as if they are behind us in some technologies as well. And so, if they are not below us technology-wise, they are certainly on our level, but no higher.
          Empire growing,
          Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Again, maybe we should attack France and then subsequently Greece. We might gain more usable land, and that would (at least partly) counter the extra growth time for America.

Comment

But, if the Greeks don't have their 3 defense Hoplites yet, they probably will by the time we can attack them; since they're Scientific, they already have Bronze Working, right?

I say go for America and France first.

Comment

I forgot about the hoplites . I usually don't play with the Greeks, so I didn't remember that.

Comment

America

I think we should attack the Americans first, to stop their expansion and to get ourselves those dyes. Then we could consolidate and move on the French, leaving the Greeks with their Hoplites to trade with and peacefully advance with. Then when we get weaponry capable of beating the Hoplites (preferably Knights) and we rush them suddenly. However this would probably require a lot of time and a lot of knights by the time we have sufficient tech. We could always build up a lot of horsemen and upgrade them for the assualt. But this is just my opinion in the long term, but definatly America first.

:0
                  Petrov Kirovich, no-one special in the Redfront Democracy Game.

Comment

Concerning the Greeks:

I reccommend that we DO NOT F*CK WITH THEM YET. the last thing apolytonia needs rigth now is archers going up against 3 defense... maybe after we get iron working we'll decide.

they are definately not our first targets, and we might as well try to get a decent (fair) trading relationship with them for now.
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Which raises an important dimension here: which AI civ do we want to spare, to cultivate peaceful/trading/alliance relations with?
                      Like our fearless military commander, I do not like the idea of slamming our archers up against hoppilites!
                      aka, Unique Unit
                      Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

Although we need more info, I think America should be our first target :
                        - France is stuck between mountains and Jungle, and we're not aware of such limitations for the Americans
                        - France is much less agressive than America, it's less likely to attack while our troops are away.
                        - France is polite with us, while America is annoyed.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I think America is the best target here for a number of reasons:

1. We know they are an expansionist civ, more so than the French.

2. In the experience of most people, America tends to become more powerful than France and se we would be doing ourselves a long term favour.

3. From what we can see of the map so far it certainly appears that we would have more material gain by conquering the American territory.

4. France may be a useful ally to have a s a weak neighbour.
                          Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Comment

BTW, if we do decide to battle the Yanks first, we need to settle a city on the other patch of dyes (NorthEAST of Banana HQ) as soon as possible (to lock up a monopoly, if possible, of what looks to be our first luxury resource).
                            aka, Unique Unit
                            Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

Oh, absolutely. And once victory is, God willing, complete, we must strike to connect our cities through new cities and new roads, to truly create a conjoined and fully unified empire.
                              Empire growing,
                              Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Working...
                              X