• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol,

who did you vote for Trip? And why?

Comment

Trip, I don't get what you are saying?

Yes, if elected (long shot now of course) I would hold the position. Then when time was up I would either rerun or not. And at that time it would of course be up to the voters again. I don't think anyone would want to hold onto any such position for any significant period of time.

Captain, appreciate the vote of confidence. At this time I would advise placing your vote where it would count the most in your opinion. If you think sending a message is important, vote for me like you originally wanted. If on the other hand helping to assure Jonny to win you feel is more important......

Any ways, thanks again.

GK
      If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Here, as in the real world, you can't run truly 'independent' (at least with the way things are now) and expect to win, because most of the involved members are in parties (as it is in the real world as well). The majority of people will vote along party lines, and even many independent voters will vote for one party or another anyways. What I meant by my comment is that unless you're within a party, you won't get nearly as many votes as a party member (unless you're like Jesus or something ). Sorry for the cryptic statement, I had to read it a couple times myself to understand what I was saying.

Comment

thanks for the explanation Trip. i agree, even if not a party member, i do think many people will vote along a party line because of the machine, and the idea that with a machine behind someone that more things may be acomplished.
          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I'm proud to be a independent, myself.
            "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
            -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Of course, the real question is will win next term? There weren't so many parties at the original elections...
              "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
              -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Originally posted by punkbass2000
                Of course, the real question is will win next term? There weren't so many parties at the original elections...
                I think you will most likely win next term if you want the job Punkbass. You have done great work for our nation, and people notice that. Also, the DIA will most likely be supporting you should you run for City Planner next election, even though you are not a member of our party.

Now, this being said, I think parties actually have little impact on our elections here in Apolytonia. Just look at the UFC who had more members than the DIA, yet it seems as though DIA candidates are doing quite well.

The power will always rest with the people, do good for them and they will put us in office, fail them and not even party politics can save us.

Comment

I'd like to thank all of you who voted for me in this election.

I'd also like to thank my opponents for running a hard, close, and exciting race.

Comment

Congrats Jonny.

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

Congratulations Jonny.
                        Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                        "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

Working...
                        X