Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finance Ministry Policy-3300 BC (READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE VOTING)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finance Ministry Policy-3300 BC (READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE VOTING)

OK, here's what happens at different science and luxury levels. The gold per turn that corresponds with different science rates is assuming luxuries=0%, if you want luxuries take % luxuries + % science as the science rate to determine the gold per turn, but just the % science tto determine the science.

Science rate Turns to BW Gold Per turn
    90-100 9 turns 0
    70-80 12 turns 2
    50-60 15 turns 3
    40 20 turns 4
    20-30 27 turns 5
    0-10 -- turns 7

Luxury Rate and its effect:
    0-10%: No effect
    20+%: all 2 of our citizens are happy.

This gives us the following options:
    Science:
    1. Keep science very high (90-100) even if we lose money, UNLESS we start to get into major financial trouble.
    2. Keep science as high as possible without losing money.
    3. Keep science high but not too high so we can get 1-3 gold per turn or something like that (right now that would be (50-80).
    4. Keep science low but no too low (40).
    5. Keep minimum science without having no science (20-30).
    6. No science but maybe get a scientist (though that is the city palnner's job, not mine, so you can't take for granted that we'll have one) (0-10).
    Luxury:
    1. None (0%).
    2. 10%, in the hopes that when the cities grow we will get some luxuries.
    3. 20%
    4. More than 20%.

Poll ends in 48 hours (Sunday, ~8 hours before the chat). Vote for ONE science option and ONE luxury option, and feel free to ALSO vote banana regardless of your science and luxury choices
    Science: option 1
    18.37%
    option 2
    8.16%
    option 3
    4.08%
    option 4
    2.04%
    option 5
    14.29%
    option 6
    0.00%
    Luxuries: option 1
    30.61%
    option 2
    4.08%
    option 3
    0.00%
    option 4
    2.04%
    other
    2.04%
    Let's give all our finances to the bananas!
    14.29%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by civman2000; June 21, 2002, 08:24.

Science at minimum (20%), luxuries zero. This is emperor, the AIs have vast research advantages and trading is much more efficient than researching.

Comment

Oh jeeze that poll is confusing

Timeline -> = Dumbfounded

civman just tell me what one to vote for LOL.

Comment

I'm with Sir Ralph
        "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
        -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Originally posted by punkbass2000
          I'm with Sir Ralph
          Yea voted the same also

Comment

this might clarify:

Science rateTurns to BWGold Per turn
            90-1009 Turns0
            70-8012 Turns2
            50-6015 Turns3
            4020 Turns4
            20-3027 Turns5
            0-10--7
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Timeline
              civman just tell me what one to vote for LOL.
              how very competant of you.
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

OOOPS, made a mistake there, please change my vote on the luxuries to 0%. One day I will learn to read. (like when we invent literature?)
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Whatever is decided, whoever plays the game should check each turn if science can be lower. For example, if 70% is decided and it generates tech in 35 turns, it might be that ON THAT TURN 20% generates a tech in 35 turns. So, science is set to 20%. Now, next turn we might have more trade so put back science to 70% and we see a tech generated in 33 turns, now we might be able to drop it down only to 40% to get the tech in 33 turns. RAR (rinse and repeat).

Comment

We cant adjust our science rates by the assumption that we will run into loads of AI´s all drooling to exchange tech with us. At least in the beginning we have to carry our own weight.

Money is alway nice to have in order to pay tribute and buy tech, but we wont be able to use it to buy improvements or units until Monarchy. While falling behind in technology is simply allowing Heimdal to blow his horn.

Comment

bump....playshogi, of course. I take that for granted always and will make sure Trip does that too

Comment

I think, while nearing the completion of BW, we should keep science at highest, without deficit, seeing as we don't plan on trading for it. However, seeing as this is Emperor, we should then lower science somewhat, I think 70-80% sounds good, so we can have moderate science yet also have a net income >0 GPT.

And, since we shouldn't worry about having happy citizens at this point, just content, we should keep Luxuries at 0%.
                        I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

bump...remember this poll closes tomorrow morning (US)

Comment

It's official: full science, no lux

Comment

Dammit
                              "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                              -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Working...
                              X