No announcement yet.

Palace Jump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disband to Settler. Capitol jumps to 2nd city (hopefully in greener pastures). Rebuild immediately on this site.

Call the new (old) city Tripanus. It will eventually be a great metropolis. In the mean time it can feed settlers into the jungle.

I think the great expanse of banana land justifies a small exploit in this case.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I agree with Spiffor and notyoueither, we should rebuild Apolyton once it's been abandoned.

Although, I do think it should still be named Apolyton.

Besides, we wouldn't want someone else founding a citry on the same spot as the city where we all were born, would we?

Our cultural border should cover the grassland south of the Notylopa Jungle, we don't want intruders on our Aploytonian continent!

Comment

1 - yes.
        2 - yes.

Good job so far, punkbass . No complaint from the opposition. But do me a favor and plonk a city (in cooperation with Timeline) with that damn second settler near the capital. Every turn it moves is one too many, it loses its advantage quick.

Comment

I agree.

The jungle is too big and it will take millenia to road it.

I see two possibilities(both of them suck) -
          1) We're on an island filled with jungle.
          2) The jungle is huge, but it ends.

In both cases, we cant leave a capitol at the current spot.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Leave apolyton, it has a pretty good location, i see no reason to ever disband it. However, once we have a significant number of cities (5 or 6 maybe) we should move, if we're out of the jungle.

Oh, and please say banana in the polls, not abstain

Comment

I agree with Civman on this, we don't even know if there is a place to move as yet. Keep the capital for now, explore more, and build a few more cities, if we need to move the capital due to corruption then, we can then. Last thing we want to do is disband Apolyton, only to be wondering in the jungle for 10-20 turns looking for the ideal spot.
              "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

Of course we should wait before abandoning Apolyton. Even if its location is poor for a capital, it still produces commerce and so gold or science. I think we should keep on exploring until finding a new location for our empire, then build some cities. At this point Apolyton could be abandoned by producing a settler so to make the palace jump and New Apolyton could be built at the same location, which is still valuable for a city.
                Nym
                "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

1. Abstain
                  2. Yes

I'm generally against palace jumping, but if we do it, the proposal seems fine.
                  "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                  "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                  "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                  "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by punkbass2000

I am not sure why you believe this, but in any case, it needs to be decided now, as many of the ramifications (if ramifications can occur retroactively) need to be decided upon now.
                    Sorry I didnt read the questions. Yes we should palace jump, but as to where - that depends on what our nation looks like which might not be really known until we're out of BC years.
                    "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Nym
                      Of course we should wait before abandoning Apolyton. Even if its location is poor for a capital, it still produces commerce and so gold or science. I think we should keep on exploring until finding a new location for our empire, then build some cities. At this point Apolyton could be abandoned by producing a settler so to make the palace jump and New Apolyton could be built at the same location, which is still valuable for a city.

I think that's just perfect! If it will work out then.... and if it's the enlightened people's true will? we'll see...
                      Yeah, our dear Ministeries: Prepare the votation now!
                      My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

I just thought about something :
                        When we'll abandon Apolyton, which city will become the capital ? (sorry, I never lost my capital). Will it be the one next to Apolyton, probably in the jungle, or the most populated one ?
                        Should we be prepared to abandon a bunch of cities to get the palace where it should be ? It seems to be very risky.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I believe that when you abandon your capital it automatically jumps to whatever city you founded 2nd.

If that is the case then we will have to be very careful where we send our current settler to found a city, otherwise we'll be no better off than we are now.
                          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

No, it's most likely the most populated one. This simple rule can be messed up only with a wonder. I once had prepared a size-7 city for the new capital, but it jumped to a size-4 city with the Great Library.

SirPleb of CivFanatics posted a few links recently, you can find them here.

Comment

Thanks for that info.
                              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Nym
                                agreed! this seems to be a sound strategy.
                                Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                                Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                                Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                                Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

Working...
                                X