No announcement yet.

Our Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I favour a city drop sooner rather than later.., so you can pump out some more settlers/workers .. that will give us more quality land sooner, rather than later, just in case we have actually got ourselves a jungle Island .. wouldn't be the first time.

The rivers give a nice trade bonus, even on jungle .. using that +sea could give some additional trade ..although thinking about it, this would be a good thing to do once we have a few workers available, to start clearing.

Keep the warrior exploring the coasts, as you often find 1 or 2 grassland area's next to the sea.
    "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

Let's colonize that damn jungle. It is the only thing we can do to improve our chances. More cities = more units = more power.
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

In the long run that may be a bad move, especially if we need to move our capital at some point. We only get to build so many cities, before Corruption makes them cost more than they are worth .. last thing we need is a pile of useless cities in the middle of the jungle.

Obviously, if all we have is jungle, then I would at least build a few, if only to churn out workers to remove the jungle.

The river is the obvious place to build within the jungle (as it stands).
        "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

my suggestion is to build a jungle city and have it just make workers. gonna need alot of workers to clear that mess and disease wont hurt a size one town. if all of our settlers have to cross 20 jungle squares before settling, we could soon find our neighbors knocking on our democratic door. why build a road across it when its gonna have to go anyways?

Comment

Pure jungle cities can't build workers effectively, since they have only 1 food surplus. That makes them grow every 20 turns, while in 10 turns the shields for the worker would be ready.

Comment

A jungle city is exactly twice as slow producing workers than a grassland/shields city :
              In the latter, you need 10 turns to have growth, and 5 turns to build warrior or worker
              In a jungle city, you'd need 20 turns for growth, and 10 turns to build the units.
              In the very early game, a jungle city can have some merit, as it produces warriors and workers at an acceptable pace.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

True, but we have a shielded grassland tile to spare, NW of Apolyton, or we could mine a simple grassland for it. This would produce warriors+workers at double speed, compared with a jungle city.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viceroy
                  In the long run that may be a bad move, especially if we need to move our capital at some point. We only get to build so many cities, before Corruption makes them cost more than they are worth .. last thing we need is a pile of useless cities in the middle of the jungle.

Obviously, if all we have is jungle, then I would at least build a few, if only to churn out workers to remove the jungle.

The river is the obvious place to build within the jungle (as it stands).

You forget jungle cities make for the absolute best city sites after they are cleared. We will not be hindering ourselves in any way by colonizing this jungle....if we have to. Besides, where els are we gonne go, do see a better place?

We will develop our area here at home first, and if our scouts detect anything useful in the future we will go there.

Comment

Keep another thing in mind guys. We have as little or as much time as we want. As long as we have a few workers, some cities in the jungle will eventually be the strongest in the world. Exploration, and finding spots where resources may be at (and one or two really fertile cities) will be important now, but in the long run we'll have an advantage if we keep our workers busy.

Comment

Grrrrr, double post.

Comment

How I hate that submit button!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                          Keep another thing in mind guys. We have as little or as much time as we want. As long as we have a few workers, some cities in the jungle will eventually be the strongest in the world. Exploration, and finding spots where resources may be at (and one or two really fertile cities) will be important now, but in the long run we'll have an advantage if we keep our workers busy.

What he said

Comment

Linney agreeing with me, say it's not so!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip

but in the long run we'll have an advantage if we keep our workers busy.
                              Agreed, but we have to build them first. I hope Punkbass accepts my plan.......

Comment

Originally posted by Timeline
                                Agreed, but we have to build them first. I hope Punkbass accepts my plan.......
                                So far everyone agrees, so I don't think that will be a problem. There's not really much else we can do that's all that feasible right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X