No announcement yet.

Term Limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, term limits are for a single office.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
      Do you mean for any office at all?

For instance, the limit is 4 terms. You serve 4 terms as Prez. Can you then run for a different office or not?
      hi ,

why not , ....

but there should be a break after so many turns of having the same office , ....

and there should be no relation with the new job , example , if one served on a counsil , there should be a break from any jobs on that counsil .

have a nice day
      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

skywalker,

That's not what the poll says. It says 'official be up for election', period.

It does not mention different positions.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

i would assume that this poll is about how many times someone can run for any position...though it should only count for consecutive terms...

Comment

I think it is worded unfortunately.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
              People shouldn't be forced out of office by terms. Trip seems to be going a lot of work. If this continues and the performance is good, I see no reason of kicking 'em out.
              There is a good reason for term limits. It's called voter stupidity, or apathy, or laziness. I am not necessarily talking about this game, but IRL. Because IRL when you can keep running for office unlimited, you become almost autoelected. Let other people have a chance. Locally, my city mayor can't be reelected because of term limits. Yes, he was doing a good job, but compare to my legislators that started out the same way, but can be reelected unlimited; given a small amount of time, and their good jobs go down hill quicker than a sled.

There is always someone who can do a better job than the current ins. That person may not get elected, but s/he is out there.

For now, unlimited and 2 terms are tied at 8 each.

Comment

Originally posted by kring
                For now, unlimited and 2 terms are tied at 8 each.
                But Group 2 is behind Group 1 13 to 8, which would put the 2-term limit in the lead by quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
                  i would assume that this poll is about how many times someone can run for any position...though it should only count for consecutive terms...
                  It was already decided in another poll that you can go from position to position as many times as you want. The poll only refers to the # of terms in a row someone is allowed to be elected (i.e. you can run as many times as you want, but you can only win x number of times).

Comment

Working...
                  X