Term Limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Term Limits

Okay, in regards to confusion regarding the # of terms in a row allowed for elected officials in the first poll, I'm conducting this new poll. It will be conducted with the 'group' type poll. The winning option within the winning group will be the decided option.

Question: How many terms should each official be allowed to be up for election?

Options: Group 1 - Unlimited, Group 2 - Limited - 1 term, 2 terms, 3 terms, 4 terms, 5 terms, 6+ terms.

Duration: 5 days.
    Group 1 - Unlimited
    45.45%
    Group 2 - 1 Term
    3.03%
    Group 2 - 2 Terms
    30.30%
    Group 2 - 3 Terms
    12.12%
    Group 2 - 4 Terms
    6.06%
    Group 2 - 5 Terms
    0.00%
    Group 2 - 6+ Terms
    3.03%

The poll is expired.

Looks good........

Comment

With this thread, I'm showing a demonstration of my proposed addition to our Constitution regarding polls that you can find here. As you can see, it's clear, concise, and there's no 'grey-area' regarding the question or any of the options. It's not an exact replica of what every poll should look like, but it does include the necassary parts of it that I recommend.

Comment

There are a number of polls that are repeat polls.

It would appear as if the first result wasn't the one wanted? At least in one instance.

How about a limit on when a new poll on the same topic can be reintroduced?

That way, if the losers of poll A want to try a new one, then they have to wait X amount of time to introduce a new one. They could petition for an earlier revote, but require at least 51% of the membership to vote yes (I prefer 2/3 or 3/4, but at least 51%).

Comment

In my proposal the limit is 3 weeks before someone can conduct a repoll. Many of the polls already conducted are 'invalid' as far as what I've proposed anyways, so repolling for more fair and official results now is acceptable.

Comment

The wording of a poll is most important since you can word a poll to skew the results; you think you are voting yes when a yes actually means no. They do that all the time when conducting surveys, I have seen elections that way a couple of times as well.

It would be nice to sticky the polls to the top, if they aren't already, at least at long as voting is still going on. I will check out the current polls post later.

My concern is that they will be so many polls that people get burned out. Also, polls where a small handful make a major decision. Length (time voteable) of polls is an issue as well.

Comment

hi ,

Trip , what about consecutive turns , should there not be a break after lets so many turns , for at least lets say 1 turn , .....

this option is not in the poll , should it not be in , ...

have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I have to agree with trip on this one...

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                  In my proposal the limit is 3 weeks before someone can conduct a repoll. Many of the polls already conducted are 'invalid' as far as what I've proposed anyways, so repolling for more fair and official results now is acceptable.
                  hi ,

, okay , but we should talk about what comes in , some poll's are giving a wrong pic , so more Q's in them would be good , ...

, maybe we need a bit more advice on how to do them , ...

have a nice day

P.S. , could you put in the seal , "president of the banana" , just a Q that is asked by a reader
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Two terms is good.

Comment

People shouldn't be forced out of office by terms. Trip seems to be going a lot of work. If this continues and the performance is good, I see no reason of kicking 'em out.
                      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Trip is going WAY too fast.

Comment

I'm going with the votes in the polls. If 99% of people vote for "let's play 100 turns starting in 5 minutes", then that's what we do. It's not my fault people are anxious to play. If things go wrong because we're moving too fast, then maybe that will make people more patient.

Comment

i wish it would......i urged people to have patience all along, but they never paid attention...

Comment

Do you mean for any office at all?

For instance, the limit is 4 terms. You serve 4 terms as Prez. Can you then run for a different office or not?
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                              X