• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ministry of Public Works - Term 1

The Ministry of Public Works

Term 1

Minister - Eli

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

How will the MOP work :

All MOP actions will come in two categories :

Immediate range - Actions that will be done in the next 1-3 turns, followed by detailed explanations. The "detailness" of the explanations will decrease with time.
    The immediate range actions are directed mainly towards the President(or the VP) and these are the actions that will be done in the next turnchat.
    Examples -
    Early game - Build a mine on the hill north east of the our capitol(and only) city.
    Late game - Remove 5 workers from the railroading project in the Kabukian peninsula and send them to clear pollution in south west Mosheland.

Long range - MOP plans that will be done in the far future. Most of them will be big projects like long border fortifications, building of long roads or development of large areas, though in the early game they will be more specific.
    The long range plans will be posted here and they will be revised or canceled after a public inspection.
    Any citizen on the Democracy has the right to offer new plans, or to suggest changes to existing ones. The final decision is, of course, in the hands of the Minister.
    These plans do not affect the President/Vice President(whoever plays the game) moves and decisions.
    The PW Minister is responsible for making sure the works start at the planned time by slowly dispatching workers to the area.
    Note that deadlines are not obligatory and can be changed in case of an unexpected event like war, or lack of workers due to some reasons.
    Examples -
    1) Build a fortifications lines on the border with the French. Estimated start time - 10 turns.
    2) Re-Develop the 5 cities in the newly conquered Abcd Plains. The AI had put too much emphasize on food, while we prefer more productive cities. Estimated start time - 30 turns(we need to railroad our entire continent first).
    3) (in the early game period) Build a road in the direction of the grassland area in the north, to shorten the time it takes for settlers to get there. Estimated start time - 7 turns(our only worker is busy with building a road to city #2).

Of course that suggestions to improve the MOP working method are welcome.
    Last edited by Eli; June 16, 2002, 13:02.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

The "how will the MOP work" post is finished and the office is ready to start functioning. All spam stops now.

I'll ask Ming to clear up this thread.
      Last edited by Eli; June 16, 2002, 14:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
        All spam stops now.

I'll ask Ming to clear up this thread.
        And I just "love" to spend my time cleaning up threads.

So a fair warning... any more "+1" type posts, and somebody is going to get a PCR!
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

This looks like a pretty good standard for the PWM.

Comment

Middle of Turnchat report - Turn 2

Immediate range - The worker will go to the adjacent Shield-Grass tile and road it.(North East)

Long range - 1) We are on a peninsula. 2) We are Despotism.
            Therefore, we need no irrigation. In three turns, when the worker finishes the road we will start building a road to the north, through the jungle, to connect future cities.

Comment

Screenshot :

The red parts are the roads that we will build ASAP. The blue road will be constructed a bit later when the city expands.

Edit : Note Some changes have been made during the turn chat. The NE will be mined before we start roading the Jungle.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Eli; June 17, 2002, 16:34.

Comment

I like it

I find it useful to keep the forests around and we should build roads on them in the long run.

Also is it possible to turn on the 'show reseources on tiles' option. It would be helpful to see which grassland has shields, which doesnt.
                "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

And I just "love" to spend my time cleaning up threads.

So a fair warning... any more "+1" type posts, and somebody is going to get a PCR!
                  And a no reelection... uh, voters seems to forget. Dammit!
                  My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Situation report :

It is clear that :
                    Immediate range :
                    1) Apolyton will be producing settlers and workers that will leave the area, and that's why it will never pass size 3.
                    2) Our workers production is limited, because we have only one city.
                    3) The nearest river is 3 jungle tiles away.
                    4) We have fishes and whales.

Long range :
                    5) The center of our empire will be either on another landmass or on the other side of the jungle.
                    6) In any case, building a road out of the jungle or clearing it, even as an industrial civ, is a waste of time(6 turns to road a jungle, 13 to clear it).

Therefore :
                    Immediate range :
                    1) No point in working hard on Apolyton. It wont have irrigation. We should have only 2-3 worked out squares.(Note that we have two sea squares that will be used)

Long range :
                    2) No point in doing anything to the jungle. By the time we clear enough tiles for a normal sized city to exist, we will have galleys and 5 cities in some other place.

Actions : (see screenshot)
                    Immediate range :
                    1) Build a road and a mine in the other Grass-Shield square.
                    There is no point in improving more tiles, because we'll probably be using the two special city tiles.
                    But if the worker has nothing else to do, he could mine the N tile or road one of the forests.

Long range :
                    2) After these actions are finished, I think the worker should be sent to our future cities core.
                    Last edited by Eli; June 18, 2002, 06:04.

Comment

Screenshot :
                      Attached Files

Comment

Very fine work Eli. The short term goals are great, and easily achieveable - considering that the worker will hardly be needed elsewhere for a while!

Screenshots are very helpful - what program did you use for the text? MSPaint isn't quite so good for me.
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                          Screenshot :
                          Eli played ahead 1 turn!

Comment

Comment

what makes you think that?? Still 1 turn for apolyton, warrior...

Comment

Working...
                              X