Proposing: Office of Intelligence and Strategic Planning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposing: Office of Intelligence and Strategic Planning

I thought about it for a while and here's what I have to say.

The leaders often have to do with immediate decisions and taking care of the nation.

The defense minister is busy with making sure defense is good and well within the country etc.

The foreign minister is busy making treaties.

I think that there should be an office of defense and strategic planning, that will help the minister in his theoretical duties:

EDIT: This thread proposes the board.

If you vote yes - You agree only to the creation of such a board

You do not affect the ministry of intelligence.

1) Gathering and assessing intelligence about other civilization and possible dissent in the curent civilization (I mean covert units, enemy spies and enemy settlers coming to disrupt our territory, not forum posters)

2) Monitoring military actions and alliances and trends in the world.

3) Creating scenarios for every possible attack on us.

3) Having a theoretical plan of attack on every possible nation

4) Making sure we have enough resources and devoting enough military units to our security apparatuses/

5) Assessing technological advances the enemies have and we need, and what strategic edge they provide.

This Board should include:

1) Minister of Defense (Ubercrux)
    2) Minister of Foreign Affairs (ninot)
    3) Intelligence and Strategy Secretary (I propose myself)
    4) Minister of Imperial Expansion(Timeline)

This thread proposes the board.

EDIT: If you vote yes - You agree only to the creation of such a board

You do not affect the ministry of intelligence.

I shall later put my self for the role of Intelligence and Strategy Secretary.
    It's a great idea!
    47.22%
    I don't know what I'm talking about, so no!
    52.78%
    Last edited by Sirotnikov; June 16, 2002, 14:34.

love the idea. absolutly wonderful. i might even run for this one. this actually is a job that really interests me.

Comment

Ja. Great idea. Though maybe we should have other people doing it, and not the ministers?
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Some people will do anything to get into office

Although such a platform is a good idea, no reason to create a new post as ISS.

This should be a platform for the foreign/expansion and military advisor, headed by the president off course

Comment

I think keeping track of the intelligence is the work of the foreign minister. The foreign minister isn't that busy, as the trades with the AI don't happen everyday, and as the most menial work of haggling goes to the ministry of trade, once the big direction has been decided. Keeping track of active trades, to know when they are broken, can also be the job of the ministry of trade (this hasn't been settled yet, I think we'll discuss it between Ninot and myself, as this is a rather unimportant question for our nation).

Keeping track of units wandering our territory is the job of the minister of war, especially in the early game, when he has not much to do.
          Making attack projections should also be his job IMHO. I agree we should have a unit specialized in espionage, but not as imortant as a minister. Espionage in Civ3 is a very secondary thing, compared to the imperial expansion, or to diplomacy in general. Currently, as we don't even know to write, I don't think it will be of any use.

I agree we should have a board with the minister of war, the foreign minister, the minister of imperial expansion, for security issues. These 3 have to work together closely !
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

support all except making the new position. Same reason as the other board, there's no reason to not let them do this if they want....

But I still vote no because of that new position

Comment

I feel that 'overall strategy' is something that ought to be left to the President and VP. That is, after all, their main duty, aside from running the game: giving the country a goal and plan. So I say no. I do feel, however, that an organized group for them could be helpful, but I'll leave that up to them.

Comment

Good idea, on the whole. However - should be mostly or exclusively drawn from outside the ranks of current ministers, & should be advisory only.

Overall strategy is the province of the Pres. in consultation with the relevant dept heads.
                Diderot was right!
                Our weapons are backed with UNCLEAR WORDS!
                Please don't go, the drones need you.

Comment

hi ,

at last some one aswer's the prayers of the people , ...

this shall take a lot of works out of the hands from our president , when he runs in to troubles with a nation , he immediatly has the chance to look at the plans , therefore his counter strike shall be fast and realy effective , ....

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Okay, I feel that this poll is incredibly biased and unfair. It's lumping the creation of a new position with the creation of a committee to oversee and plan the actions of the nation long-term. For that reason I will create another poll in regards to the creation of the new position, while this poll will continue to be in regards to only the creation of a committee. Sirotnikov, if you would edit your initial post to reflect this change, I would greatly appreciate it. The way things are now is kind of like asking "Should the people have most of the power in the game but we need to have this position as well that I want OR you're all communists!"

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                      Okay, I feel that this poll is incredibly biased and unfair. It's lumping the creation of a new position with the creation of a committee to oversee and plan the actions of the nation long-term. For that reason I will create another poll in regards to the creation of the new position, while this poll will continue to be in regards to only the creation of a committee. Sirotnikov, if you would edit your initial post to reflect this change, I would greatly appreciate it. The way things are now is kind of like asking "Should the people have most of the power in the game but we need to have this position as well that I want OR you're all communists!"
                      hi ,

that is not the real meaning , some shall play the game , ahead , calculate , and just say this and this , there and there you have option so and so , .....

and since there are going to be many more games , why not , .....

we shall learn in time , however its value is to big to trow away , ...

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

NO PLAYING AHEAD!!!!

Comment

This is the reason why I'm not releasing the savefile (only to the Reporter, which was determined by the poll).

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                            This is the reason why I'm not releasing the savefile (only to the Reporter, which was determined by the poll).
                            hi ,

and some people feel strongly that that is wrong , they like to enjoy the game in their way to , .....

have a nice day

Comment

Yes, but panag seems to be suggesting that part of the board's job would be playing ahead...

Comment

Working...
                              X