No announcement yet.

Mobilization Majority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of like when a democrat comes in after a republican, or vice-versa? I think things will shape up nicely as far as those things go... realistic even, (You scratch my back this election, I'll scratch your next time...)

Comment

i voted other. I think maybe some of these decisions should be kept to smaller groups, like just commanders, governorns, ministers, and the president.. not the entire body of our nation.

however, that would only be if we are already in a war.. outside of a war, sure.. full consensus of 67% or more.

but i gotta ask, must every decision need a full vote of everyone joined, for a decision to be made?
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

*Makes sure no one's looking, and scratches his ear, but is stunned when the Civ 3 Demo Game Patrol Force bursts in, and drags me to jail for not asking first*

There certainly won't be any "Implied Powers" or "Necassary and Proper Clause" in the Constitution we'll be drafting.

Comment

Damn straight trip I'm starting to regret that I voted for the bannana

Of course some decisions will be taken soley by the ministers, but large important ones will not.
          Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Simple. Mobilise. Declare war on gumby power, adding them to our enemies. Some time after 10 turns later make peace with Gumby and turn off Mobilisation, after we have built enough Cavalry or Tanks to swamp the world.

Bwahahahahaha.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
              it'd be great if the "city planner" could only build military units / buildings
              The charm of mobilization is not in this, because you can't force the city planner to change existing projects. The charm is in the fact, that you can produce military units / buildings with an increased amount of shields, similar to a GA. Mobilization is a very powerful tool, if the Empire is in need. My vote is: 50% is enough.

Comment

I voted for 2/3 because that is the option that represents REAL democracy best... What? many will say... but it´s a fact that most of all real nation MUST have a definite majority too make such important decisions as declaring war on other nations...
                You saw what you wanted
                You took what you saw
                We know how you did it
                Your method equals wipe out

Comment

The US doesn't need a definite majority to declare war (OK OK attack another country) we just need the president to think it's a good idea.

Comment

Luckily, the Apolyton Democracy is not the US. I think our model of Democracy should be ancient Athens or modern day Switzerland. Any other country is just too despotic to my taste.
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

In line with the Opposition Party's platform of opposing things in the majority, 2/3's is best.
                      Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                      "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

But... the majority is 2/3.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

The charm of mobilization is not in this, because you can't force the city planner to change existing projects. The charm is in the fact, that you can produce military units / buildings with an increased amount of shields, similar to a GA. Mobilization is a very powerful tool, if the Empire is in need. My vote is: 50% is enough.
                          Sir Ralph, the difficulty comes because when the current city project is completed, the city planner cannot construct anything except for military units and military buildings when in mobilization. That means, no new temples, cathedrals, marketplaces, courthouses, etc... which can really help with happiness if war weariness kicks in. Short wars where ww is not a factor, will likely only exist if we are already dominant (thus, not needing mobilization). But a long war where we mobilize may hamstring us as we fall behind in infrastructure. Mobilizing means we can't build certain wonders either and over a long period that could negate having a tech lead as well.

Deciding whether the empire is truly in need of mobilizing is something we would have to consider very carefully before doing as it is very difficult to get out of.

It may have charm, but it is tool that can hurt us as much as it helps.
                          Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                          Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                          Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                          Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

Originally posted by Moral Hazard
                            The US doesn't need a definite majority to declare war (OK OK attack another country) we just need the president to think it's a good idea.
                            And a majority vote in congress
                            Est-ce que tu as vu une baleine avec un queue taché?
                            If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.

Comment

Other-- 60%.

Trevman-- Yes, we need a majority in Congress to formally declare war. On the other hand, since warmaking powers were given to the executive branch in the Constitution, the President can have the military inavde some country or other and call it something else-- "police action," for example-- and avoid a Congressional vote.

The last time America formally declared war on any nation, IIRC, was December 11, 1941 (on Germany). Since then, we've had several wars-- Korea, Vietnam, Persian Gulf, etc.-- and no declarations of war.
                              oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

OT: Vlad if I recall correctly Desert Storm was an official war. But thanks for clarifying what I meant.

Comment

Working...
                                X