Mobilization Majority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobilization Majority

We need to decide wheter 50% or 2/3 needs to vote for Mobilization for it to start.

Timeout: 5 days (yes, it might be a little long, but we won't be able to Mobilize before later anyways)

The rules are simple, the one with most votes winns. There will be one other option, and one don't care option.
    50%
    30.91%
    2/3 (67% Approx.)
    63.64%
    Other Option (Specify)
    5.45%
    Don't care.
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

50% baby. 67% is too much of a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
      50% baby. 67% is too much of a pain.
      I'll wait with my vote until I here some more arguments. As I said what I wrote in that document were just suggestions, and some things I don't stand for myself.

Comment

It wouldn't really make sense to have limits. If the majority wants it, do it!

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
          Well, the fact is that it's harder to leave then it is to enter. And if it is as close as the Random race a poll in leaving it could give the opposite results.

Comment

I voted yes. I have faith in the citizenry, were all civ players and we realize the consequences of entering mobilization. Therefore 50% should be fine.
            Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Mobilization have several consequences on economy - science (can't turn it off until peace)
              it should be used only in emergency cases : unexpected invasion from a powerful civ - only in the case the nation is in a danger of destruction
              that's why i think a 66% of votes is more wise.
              Member of the P4 party in the SMAC democracy game
              Running for foreign affairs

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                I whole-heartedly agree with this sentiment.
                "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Is this a democracy or a republic? I say it's a democracy, thats right tyrrany of majority.
                  Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

When hard decisions have to be met, and when they'll affect all of our citizens, e need the maximum amount of reasonable agreement. 2/3 is the only ay not to abuse.
                    Don't forget that it's not easy to come beck from wartime mobilization, and the game won't let us do so, even if 100% of the people agree.
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

i said 50%. because i know i'd try to abuse it

it'd be great if the "city planner" could only build military units / buildings
                      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                        it'd be great if the "city planner" could only build military units / buildings
                        Son of a...
                        "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                        -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Originally posted by punkbass2000

Son of a...
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Like Spiffor said, it's tougher to leave than enter - we should be cautious about it. Important decisions, like impeachment, are based on 2/3. If we need 2/3 to get rid of ministers, we should have 2/3 for something as important as mobilization.

Remember, a hasty mobilization against a large foe could leave us in mobilization for months - we may switch ministers several times between but if they're hamstrung by mobilization then there's no point in having such ministers.
                            Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                            Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                            Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                            Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

I agree with Captain and Spiffor mobilization should require 2/3. It will be interesting to see if all the presidents decide to go for the same victory type. If one president has worked hard for a cultural victory we really need to consider the consequences before mobilizing.
                              For your photo needs:
                              http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Working...
                              X