Creation of a Reporter Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creation of a Reporter Unit

Okay, I came up with an idea for those of you who say that if we restrict access to the savegame file, then we can create a 'Reporter' office. He would explain and lay out the current situation in as much detail as possible, without overlapping his job with other's task to report information.

This poll will be closed Thursday, June 13th. The results will be made official then.
    No, we should have access to the file
    43.86%
    Yes, it's a good idea
    56.14%
    Last edited by Jon Shafer; June 10, 2002, 19:17.

This will be different from the Historian position, right?
    Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
    Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
    Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
    Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

Yes. The Historian is more of a propaganda minister. He records what occurs, i.e. "The Great Battle of Lazeno was a heroic fight for our country, but the barbarians managed to win after swindling our general with dirty tricks."

The Reporter would give information on basic occurances of the game, post screenshots, etc. A very detailed look at what has happened. Most likely a pretty demanding position, but one with a lot of prestige as well.

Comment

The Reporter should be ineligible for other political positions (for at least two terms after retiring as Reporter) so that there is no risk of them abusing their powerful position for political gain.

We don't want the Reporter reporting things in a way that makes it into a campaign for some other position.
        Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
        Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
        Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
        Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

Actually it would be cool if there was a little webpage sortof 'world newspaper' for the game. When a game event happens (like a revolution) the people in charge of the news could get creative about the causes of the revolution perhaps tieing in civil disorders, policies of the government toward foreign nationals etc.
          "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

It's a good idea, however, I think that the ministers neede the save anyway.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Gramphos, would you remove the last option on the poll? It has no votes so far, and it may end up skewing things, as punkbass said. Now that I think of, yes/no polls would be much better.

Comment

perhaps limit the posting of SAV files to when our CIV advances an era. This saves (geddit) confusion/multiple posting - and although I am happy in my citizen status, would like the opportunity to ---- it up in the privacy of my own home at a later date.
                DANGER! - Unexploded Civilian

Comment

I can't I'm not a mod here. I'll call for Ming.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                    I can't I'm not a mod here. I'll call for Ming.
                    Okay, sorry/thanks.

Comment

He seems to be away... edit your first post and tell not to vote for that option. And hope Ming gets back before anyone votes.

Comment

Yea, this sounds like a pretty good compromise.

Comment

Okay, you can remove that red text now.

Comment

Ming's back apparently.

Comment

I like the reporter idea, but we can also do it the same way as in the civ2 demo where the president does this job. ( and a good one I must say )

Comment

Working...
                              X