No announcement yet.

Save File for All?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree. The demogame is quite fun and the ministers have plenty to do already.
    "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
    -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

I know the demo game is fun, but if you make changes to it such as making the save file available it would make it less fun.

Comment

I thought we should do this for the Civ2 Demo Game, but I think that it won't be necessary for Civ3.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
          I know the demo game is fun, but if you make changes to it such as making the save file available it would make it less fun.
          So, knowing what's happening in the game 'isn't fun'? I would suggest the opposite.
          "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"

Comment

knowing evrything isn't fun, we learn things through the ministers

Comment

If you prefer not to know, then don't download it. But don't prevent the rest of us from enjoying the game the way we want to.

Comment

And if someone happens to get elected and makes decisions based upon finding out what the map looks like, or someone ends up telling everyone else about info that we shouldn't know, then that's ruining my fun.

Comment

Having the game is a security risk, as someone would play ahead. We have too many people to avoid cheating like that.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                    Having the game is a security risk, as someone would play ahead. We have too many people to avoid cheating like that.
                    NOt true. There are tons of people who have played at CFC, and so far no one has played ahead. Besides, one person knowing would not alter the votes too much, unless they said they knew what was going to happen. Then we would get to see what a person a crucifyx looks like

Comment

And through this poll, the risk may be lowered.

Comment

between terms, and a punishment of banishment forever and maybe even 2-day banning from apolyton for anyone who plays ahead!

Comment

I agree with that sentence!

Comment

As much as I would love to have the save every time, I had to vote No.

Think about it - anyone could download the save and ruin it for everyone. All here MAY be trustworthy, but just think of how many newbies might come in and wreck things without learning the rules (we get ppl asking about the rules all the time in the Civ2 game), and can we really take the risk that someone from this site might not themselves deliberately cause problems. You even get problems with some posters in the non-OT forums, and all it would take is one pissed off enough one with a few minutes to spare and a little misguided motivation.

Furthermore, what do the Ministers do if they don't inform ppl of what is in the game? This is a major part of the Civ2 game, that Ministers post screenshots and write summaries, concoct plans and poll on them to the citizenry. Once the polls are in, the Ministers might change their plan and resubmit it for approval. Then they inform the Prez of the ppl's wishes and play.

This way all a Minister would have to do is start their own discussion thread, listen to the ppl's ideas, put in a poll, and then give the results of both to the Prez. Where's the activity? What's the point in being a Minister if anyone can do it? Why should we even have elections if that's the case? They would be merely a lame popularity contest.

And for all those (however many there are) who DON'T have Civ3 but want to be involved. If we allow the save to go to all, either the Ministers need to post screenshots and explain things for them, or we are essentially restricting participation to a limited number of people.
                            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                              As much as I would love to have the save every time, I had to vote No.

Think about it - anyone could download the save and ruin it for everyone. All here MAY be trustworthy, but just think of how many newbies might come in and wreck things without learning the rules (we get ppl asking about the rules all the time in the Civ2 game), and can we really take the risk that someone from this site might not themselves deliberately cause problems. You even get problems with some posters in the non-OT forums, and all it would take is one pissed off enough one with a few minutes to spare and a little misguided motivation.

Furthermore, what do the Ministers do if they don't inform ppl of what is in the game? This is a major part of the Civ2 game, that Ministers post screenshots and write summaries, concoct plans and poll on them to the citizenry. Once the polls are in, the Ministers might change their plan and resubmit it for approval. Then they inform the Prez of the ppl's wishes and play.

This way all a Minister would have to do is start their own discussion thread, listen to the ppl's ideas, put in a poll, and then give the results of both to the Prez. Where's the activity? What's the point in being a Minister if anyone can do it? Why should we even have elections if that's the case? They would be merely a lame popularity contest.

And for all those (however many there are) who DON'T have Civ3 but want to be involved. If we allow the save to go to all, either the Ministers need to post screenshots and explain things for them, or we are essentially restricting participation to a limited number of people.
                              Very well put, that's my argument in a nutshell.

Comment

Unbelievable that people even think of not distrubuting the sav files. It is a game, guys. Give everyone the opportunity to view its progress. Besides, I do not see at all why ministers and presidents are more trustworthy than other people (perhaps in real life it is even the opposite? ). Furthermore GOTM games, PBEM games etc. they all give the opportunity to play false. Does that mean we do not play them anymore. No, of course not. So, why should it be different for this game?
                                Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Working...
                                X